Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: second hand  car advice needed.  (Read 1215 times)

stuart30

second hand  car advice needed.
« on: 25 July 2006, 18:52:49 »

Ive been to look at a 2.5 CDX auto today with the view to selling mine if i buy it,however there's several bits ive found that need looking at.

1st The Display is shot..its quite badly pixelated,what sort of hassle is involved in changing it with like for like and what sort of cost are involved roughly (be a cash in hand job).

2nd The rear door has started bubbling under the rubber strip at the bottom of the window and the bumb strip down the side has seen better days so id like to have a good condition rear door fitted,is there much work involved.?

3rd Now this to me is weird....very weird..There's a small hole in the rear drivers side indicator lense,when my hand brushed past i felt air being pumped out,held my hand over the hole and there's definitely air coming out under pressure....what on earth would cause that.?????

4th As there's no history as such assuming if i  bought the cambelt,water pump and what ever else you guys recommend,what sort of price would you say is reasonable for a mechanic to fit it all...Be cash in hand back pocket jobbie.

Oh and i know £500 in cash will be enough to buy it....no tax but has MOT until December.

So what you all think....walk away or worth a closer look,oh and the climate works. ;D
« Last Edit: 25 July 2006, 18:53:56 by stuart30 »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: second hand  car advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2006, 19:09:46 »

Ok lets see....

What year and mileage does it have and how much is it on offer at? £500?

Camblet, tensioners, rollers etc purchase and self fit say £200

MID (your pixeled display) depends on model but again easy enought to take out and replace (second hand part £40?) estimate

Rust is in the common omega place, was quoted £120 to repair 2 back doors in similar condition.

Changing a door is a piece of cake - ideally a two man job for alignment but can be done with one. Biggest problem will be a colour match......

As for your air problem.....havent a clue, anyone else?
« Last Edit: 25 July 2006, 19:12:12 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

stuart30

Re: second hand  car advice needed.
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2006, 19:18:46 »

Opps forgot to say....

2.5 CDX...1997 (p reg)...Bright silver (as opposed the grey (ish) silver).....mileage is 130,000.

Cloth seats (thank god) and generally tidy apart from faults listed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.