Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2tdi intermittent limp mode  (Read 925 times)

02g4634

• Limerick
    • Opel omega 2.2tdi eleganc
    • View Profile
2.2tdi intermittent limp mode
« on: 25 September 2015, 23:03:51 »

Hi there,

Finally got to the bottom of it....it was frustrating but glad to have sorted it... The last step was to Change the potentiometer on the accelerator pedal , now my 2002 2.2tdi elegance is humming like a mouses heart!!

I spent a lot of time on this forum and it is excellent .. Thanks to everyone who contributes..

My story is I got my omega from my brother in law in 2005 with 97k miles.. Just 2 of us owned it. It has 197 miles now but solid as a rock as it has been really well looked after. Last year there was a major wiring fault where the loom shorted on the brake booster ( under plastic cover). After trying to repair, it was clear that it was a lost cause. I thought my meeega was going to heaven but I put it on ice until I had more time.... Then My mate Matt and I were brave and sourced a full loom from bobby sweeneys breaker yard in limerick..... and installed it ourselves from left side of engine in behind the dash and out the right side of engine ...we could write a book about that!!

After a number of evenings of taking the skin off my knuckles... It was in ... Nothing was straightforward, but the pictures and advice on this forum was the only way We could have figured it out. I must add that it took a few pints of Guinness in bradshaws of castleconnell limerick  to discuss next steps and plan next steps and  to keep motivation up!!

Problem was after installing, I didn't know if ECU was ok or not ... I was getting an intermittent engine light and then into limp mode. Checked Mass airFlow sensor ( got a spare and tested it) .. No joy....cleaned EGR .. It was manky with carbon !! Tried a regular computer to read codes but needed a more advanced system to tell us p1515 idle speed switch malfunction and p1590 engine sig voltage high, checked continuity, checked alternator (14.4v charging) then finally got the pin out for the connector to the accelerator potentiometer, confirmed I was getting the 5v on 2 off the pins, so concluded it should be changed. Tried to get one in ireland.. But very difficult, was considering buying from Italy for 60 euro but found one in dundrum tipp for 100 euro, more than I should have paid, but have NCT ( same as MOT) next Tuesday 29th. Installed and test drove and working like a dream... I m a happy camper tonight....

Wish me wel in the national car test next week... I love this car...

Thanks again everyone,

Email me if you want any more info jhnewgarden@ gmail.com

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.