Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outside temp sensor & aircon  (Read 1248 times)

Stu.C

• Lancashire
    • 2.0 Capri / 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • Visit the blog...
Outside temp sensor & aircon
« on: 26 July 2016, 20:47:51 »

On the 98 Elite, the outside temp display comes up blank when I cycle through the dash display, which the previous owner said just needed a new sensor to fix. Not un-coincidentally (from a few searches here) it turns out, there's no life in the aircon.  ???

After looking at the maintenance guides, it's suggested the sensor is behind the bumper on the nearside. Rummaging around this evening it looks like the car's taken a front-end hit at some point and everything's been lashed back together sharpish. There's no sign of the sensor, but I did find this connector dangling down near the horns - does it ring any bells with anyone ?

You'll notice the signal wire from the connector is cut, so it wouldn't have done anything anyway, but if it's the right wires I could try putting a variable resistor across it to see if I can trigger a reading on the dash...
Nothing better to do ? Visit the blog at cuyahoga.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Outside temp sensor & aircon
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2016, 20:49:17 »

That's the SAI pump plug.  Look for sensor clipped in underside of bumper, in that area
Grumpy old man

Stu.C

• Lancashire
    • 2.0 Capri / 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • Visit the blog...
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2016, 20:59:21 »

I'll have another look tomorrow evening. The SAI pump probably wants power as well, while I'm there. Never knew Vauxhall used so many wood screws to hold the bumper on...  ;D
Nothing better to do ? Visit the blog at cuyahoga.co.uk

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2016, 09:37:51 »

SAI can stay unplugged, as it's just for tree-hugging purposes. You may find, after plugging it in, that there's a annoying knockknockknock or other noise coming from the engine bay, the SAI pumps often fail over many years, the usual thing is to remove them completely.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.