Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ignition switch  (Read 1543 times)

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
ignition switch
« on: 14 August 2016, 13:22:11 »

Afternoon guys

Im after some advice, after putting back the dash after replacing the heater matrix my mig will not start, it will turn over
no problem, i'm wondering do i need to have the ignition key trans sponder reprogrammed, i had taken off to get the dash out of the way.
 and has been off for a few days, disconnected the fuel line in and turned over but no fuel out, so just wondering if its on immliser state.  :-\ :-\

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
Re: ignition switch
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2016, 16:37:59 »

Hi
Can anybody help

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2016, 20:04:30 »

No reprogramming needed.
If it is an immobiliser issue then the EML will be flashing whilst the engine is cranking.
This is likely to be a missed connector or a poor connection somewhere - you will have disturbed a lot of wiring if you took the complete dash out.
Have a good look at the connectors, one of the pins may have been pushed back within the outer shell.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2016, 20:20:05 »

Is the little chip still in the keyfob? worth a look,been there and done it  ::) 

As above EML would be flashing
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2016, 21:18:21 »

hi guys
 Thanks for your replys, no eml, but i have no fuel coming through the main feed pipe very unual, engine will crank
  but not fire, done nothing in the engine, checked all fuses and relays everthing is fine, the key switch had to be taken off and had been for a number of days,just wonder if this would have an effect, i'll keep looking, thanks again guys. :y :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2016, 21:28:56 »

hi guys
 Thanks for your replys, no eml, but i have no fuel coming through the main feed pipe very unual, engine will crank
  but not fire, done nothing in the engine, checked all fuses and relays everthing is fine, the key switch had to be taken off and had been for a number of days,just wonder if this would have an effect, i'll keep looking, thanks again guys. :y :y

Then you've managed to disconnect or damage the immobiliser sensor/wiring around the ignition switch. Immobiliser works on the fuel pump; it will crank over until you flatten the battery or cook the starter motor.

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2016, 15:58:19 »

Hi Nick
Thanks for your info, this is what i thought, ignition switch fell apart, i'll replace this first which is cheap but i still think its to do with the imbo to the key, this is the only area that has given me problems, everything else fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.