Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A12 motorcycles  (Read 3139 times)

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
A12 motorcycles
« on: 15 September 2016, 21:22:32 »

I know its not all motor bikers but if they continue to come down the middle of the dual carriageway of the A12 at speeds of 60+weaving in and out they're going to be knocked off.
It's plain stupid as someones only got to deviate a small margin to take a biker out,it's becoming worse and worse ,is anyone else experiencing this? The law needs to act soon to save a fatality!
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: A12 motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2016, 22:12:12 »

Ban the lot of them  ;D ;D
Some of those nutters are life limited. Thankfully with Brexit all the Euro scare mongerers can get stuffed now. I think they wanted a man with a red flag to walk in front of each bike ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2016, 22:14:52 »

When I had a motorbike ( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'() - I would only filter at 10-20mph faster than what I'm passing, but often bikers would queue behind me, so I'd let them through, only to see them nail the throttle  :(

As you say, only one person not to look, to forget that once. (i've done it  :-[) - Turn or just drift out a tad, bam, you could take someone out.

I would do a lot of filtering to work, I knew something would happen at some point. One of my reasons for giving it up, was just a matter of time before something would happen.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2016, 22:22:31 »

Well, there are drivers of both cars and bikes who drive with their cocks instead of their brains.

Car Vs Car, 50/50  ish depending on circumstances

Bike Vs car or bigger, no chance

It's up to them.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2016, 22:26:35 »

Bike riders make better car drivers. :)

More aware.

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2016, 19:36:07 »

I agree bikers do make better car drivers,but only if they ride sensibly enough to progress to cars! Also yes bikers will come off worst in the event of an accident but the car driver has to live with themselves after a collision,sorry to be moany about this but something has to be done.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2016, 19:38:53 »

Sounds bloody dangerous to me. When I rode bikes on the A12 I would never filter at 60mph.
Its far too slow. Gives the car drivers time to do think & do something daft. If you pass them at twice that speed they don't even have time to think, before you've disappeared over the horizon.  :y

:D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2016, 20:19:47 »

Thats back in the good old days when the A12 went through villages ,also only about 10 cars an hour ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2016, 20:28:53 »

I agree bikers do make better car drivers,but only if they ride sensibly enough to progress to cars! Also yes bikers will come off worst in the event of an accident but the car driver has to live with themselves after a collision,sorry to be moany about this but something has to be done.

Yeah, you're right.
It needs to be effective, and there's only one thing that will work: Everybody needs to hand in their vehicle licence and keys. The last man to do that will be the transporter driver who delivers the last car/motorbike(however it works out) to the crusher. Then we can all get the AI controlled bus.

Simple, don't you think?

So who is going to be first and set a good example?

No, I thought not. It's the usual hand-wringing somebody ought to do something(but not me!) bullshit

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2016, 20:40:24 »

A spate of police prosecutions might help,not too radical surely :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2016, 21:22:28 »

Thats back in the good old days when the A12 went through villages ,also only about 10 cars an hour ;D
.....of about 8 years ago.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2016, 23:38:42 »

Sounds bloody dangerous to me. When I rode bikes on the A12 I would never filter at 60mph.
Its far too slow. Gives the car drivers time to do think & do something daft. If you pass them at twice that speed they don't even have time to think, before you've disappeared over the horizon.  :y

Have to agree with the above.  :y  We were sat in stationery traffic on the M40 when a Ducati crept through the traffic between lane 1 and lane 2. A passenger in a lane 2 vehicle opened his door for whatever reason and the Ducati rider ploughed in to it and took a downer.  ::)  If the biker had been doing a ton or more he would have been long gone before the door was opened.   ::) :y

It's much more fun on single lane 'A' roads, as when you are filtering through slow moving traffic at speed, you have to contend with other bikers filtering from the opposite direction.  :y When you catch a glimpse of them coming towards you, you tuck in your knees and elbows and pray that you pass without colliding. Lost a few mirrors doing this but otherwise escaped unharmed.  ::)

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2016, 00:53:31 »

Lets not forget the distracted drivers, I pulled up next a young bloke the other day & he was textin away. With the lights still red I reved up & dropped the clutch a tad & off he went thru the red light  ;D ;D

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2016, 14:33:57 »

Just brilliant ;D

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2016, 21:13:27 »

Have to agree with the above.  :y  We were sat in stationery traffic on the M40 when a Ducati crept through the traffic between lane 1 and lane 2. A passenger in a lane 2 vehicle opened his door for whatever reason and the Ducati rider ploughed in to it and took a downer.  ::)  If the biker had been doing a ton or more he would have been long gone before the door was opened.   ::) :y

It's much more fun on single lane 'A' roads, as when you are filtering through slow moving traffic at speed, you have to contend with other bikers filtering* from the opposite direction.  :y When you catch a glimpse of them coming towards you, you tuck in your knees and elbows and pray that you pass without colliding. Lost a few mirrors doing this but otherwise escaped unharmed.  ::)
*Overtaking in a dangerous manner.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.