Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Reversing bulbs upgrade  (Read 4106 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing bulbs upgrade
« Reply #15 on: 19 December 2016, 19:15:44 »

Quite a few councils around the country are apparently turning street lighting off after a certain time of night.To appease the tree huggers it's to stop light pollution and cut down on emiisions from power stations,in reality it's to save money.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 December 2016, 20:25:22 »

Quite a few councils around the country are apparently turning street lighting off after a certain time of night.To appease the tree huggers it's to stop light pollution and cut down on emiisions from power stations,in reality it's to save money.
The energy cost saving from switching to led from sodium lights pays for all the installation work and some. On a financial level it actually makes alot of sense, regardless of any budgetary reductions/environmental benefits ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2016, 21:10:58 »

Think yourself lucky.....we don't have any street lights here any never have. Does get rather dark!! LED torches are a boon and a must have.

I do have PIR lights on the drive though, they help a lot.

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2017, 13:50:24 »

Had these exact LED bulbs for reversing in the Omega since May 2015 and they are still working which with eBay related stuff is a good start  ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-P21W-80W-16-CREE-LED-1156-382-BA15s-CANBUS-HIGH-POWER-DRL-REVERSE-LIGHT-UK-/281463553423?hash=item418888fd8f:g:c2sAAOSwU9xUNrCr

As for the light they are night an day difference between the old bulbs it's like a lighthouse behind. I pity anyone who happens to be behind getting blinded by the mighty CREE LEDs  :y

Just an update.

Decided to go with these come the end. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for and they really do a fantastic job. I'm very impressed. They are lighthouse bright.

Thanks all for your help.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.