Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mugabe.  (Read 2993 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Mugabe.
« on: 19 November 2017, 13:14:45 »

He had a good run, but it looks like his time is finally up. His party have dismissed him as leader, and it is currently being announced that  his wife and her gang of enforcers are to be prosecuted.
It should have happened a long time ago, but there is still some justice in this world.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Mugabe.
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2017, 13:20:46 »

Whilst I agree, history shows us that replacing a (virtual) dictator with democracy never ends as well as is hoped.

I suspect a lot of instability ahead, that will spread into the rest of Southern Africa.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2017, 13:45:29 »

Whilst I agree, history shows us that replacing a (virtual) dictator with democracy never ends as well as is hoped.

I suspect a lot of instability ahead, that will spread into the rest of Southern Africa.
Actually this 'coup' has been carried out with relative dignity, and whilst it is very early days, the powers that be seem to want to return Zimbabwe to its former glory  :y

Not sure what the boutiques in Paris will do without Grace propping them up though ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2017, 14:01:47 »

Actually this 'coup' has been carried out with relative dignity, and whilst it is very early days, the powers that be seem to want to return Zimbabwe to its former glory  :y

Not sure what the boutiques in Paris will do without Grace propping them up though ::)

Bunny boiler. Give her unbridled power and this crazed bint is capable of anything.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2017, 14:01:54 »

Its when democracy returns that concerns me.

The army is essentially a dictatorship.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2017, 14:10:12 »

That's exactly what happened when they kicked the British out and became a "proud democratic nation".
I well remember that political genius Stevie Wonder singing "peace has come to Zimbabwe". I imagine that song hasn't been included in his set list for a couple of decades now.  ;D
Economically, Zimbabwe cant get much worse than it is now. Its at rock bottom. If the new leaders use their heads theres no reason it cant become the bread basket of Africa again, and the western world will no doubt jump in to help, now they don't have the embarrassment of turning a blind eye to what was happening there.
If the place was full of oil, the U.S (assisted by us of course) would have invaded stepped in to prevent further suffering a long time ago.
The attitude of recent Govts. of South Africa to the situation has been utterly disgraceful. It seems their only response was "he may be an evil dictator, but he is one of our own, so good luck to him." They should hang their heads in shame.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2017, 14:32:09 »

I'm a bit pessimistic about all this.  :-\

The only reason that the military have stepped in is that they didn't want Grace Mugabe taking over when good old 'Uncle Bob' is gone and the old guard of ZANU-PF will probably try and carry on much as before.  :(

Whether that is possible or not remains to be seen as they seem to have 'let the genie out of the bottle'.  The people clearly want and need change, as they demonstrated in unprecedented scenes in Harare yesterday!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2017, 15:54:47 »

I'm a bit pessimistic about all this.  :-\

The only reason that the military have stepped in is that they didn't want Grace Mugabe taking over when good old 'Uncle Bob' is gone and the old guard of ZANU-PF will probably try and carry on much as before.  :(

Whether that is possible or not remains to be seen as they seem to have 'let the genie out of the bottle'.  The people clearly want and need change, as they demonstrated in unprecedented scenes in Harare yesterday!  :y
They were actively encouraged to turn out... Whether this is a cynical ploy or simply a chance for free expression remains to be seen, but something had to happen and this has to be preferable to all hell breaking loose when uncle Bob finally carps it ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2017, 16:03:05 »

Why not rename it something like"Rhodesia" and forget all of this nastiness?

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2017, 16:16:25 »

......and bring in a load of white farmers to help out. ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2017, 16:35:49 »

Yes, if there are any left that Mugabe hadn't murdered?

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2017, 22:43:18 »

Post-March 2019 we will be able to make a very positive contribution to Africa where the protectionist EU stops the import of most of their agricultural produce (flowers are an exception and are a big industry for them). I suspect especially if we revert to WTO rules that expensive food from the EU will quickly become the exception in the UK. They are estimating a circa 20% price reduction. :y :y :y

I know Daniel Hannan MEP has recently been to a growers conference in North Africa and is very buoyant on the contribution they can make with quality products at much cheaper prices. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2017, 00:06:00 »

Looks like I might have spoken too soon.  ::)
He doesn't give up easily it seems.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2017, 00:50:42 »

Looks like I might have spoken too soon.  ::)
He doesn't give up easily it seems.  ;D

Stubborn old bastard!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2017, 07:45:40 »

Well he didn't get where he is/was by being a push over did he? It seems they are now going to push for impeachment,so we'll have to see how the voting goes in both houses of there parliament.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.