Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 309-305  (Read 8203 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: 309-305
« Reply #15 on: 13 December 2017, 20:56:35 »

I can't see the leavers accepting anything less than us leaving. WTO terms and democracy over servitude and dictatorship everytime. :y :y :y If we don't leave it will be an open door for Corbyn and his Marxist clan to get voted in or the EU (German) takeover of the UK. Either way it will be the end of UK democracy. >:( >:( >:(

Lord Opti you can practice by culling these :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :y

;D ;D ;D

And rightly so, Mr Rods. As I said, this has already been decided by a small majority of the people.

As for my cull list.........I'll start with Jeremy Kyle. I can't believe anyone of sound mind would mourn the passing of this pious sanctimonious shithead. 

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 December 2017, 22:33:31 »

I'm with Albs, and DrG :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2017, 23:07:57 »

Well I said it on the day the referendum result was announced that the establishment would move heaven and earth to overturn the result. In other words we will ExBrexit and rejoin the EU we never left. I still believe that will be the outcome and of course on worse terms with no opt outs and perhaps even having to take the Euro further down the line. Too much at stake for the views of ordinary plebs to be considered. The next twelve months will be relentless softening up the populace.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2017, 23:25:51 »

I was thinking along the same lines the other day and found myself looking at property in New Zealand.  Maybe I could apply for political asylum!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2017, 23:38:49 »

I’m sure my views on the subject of the EU are well known.

I am pleased by the result. BUT, I hope that the ultimate MP vote results in us leaving the EU. That is the collective will of the subset of the population who were allowed to and chose to vote. And I say that as a remainer/remoaner/traitor/heretic, delete as your political leanings allow.

We live in a representative democracy where we trust those elected representatives to enact the will of the voters based on their party manifestos, or, in this case a referendum.

Procedural correctness in our political machine is vital, because inbuilt into those procedures are checks and balances which protect subsections of the population (and by extension all of us, because we are all part of one subset or another) from both the vitriol of the masses and the excesses of charismatic or tyrannical leaders.

The act of taking us out of the EU will, for better or worse (depending on your view) probably have a bigger effect on the UK than any other single decision taken since the decision to go to war with Germany in 1939.

It is right and proper that our elected representatives are the ones who enact this change.  It is not right that a weak, wobbly and inept party leader, who is only in power courtesy of a £1bn bung to some Christian extremists gets to unilaterally make that decision.

Theresa May is not out president. She is the leader of a coalition government with a slim majority.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 December 2017, 23:43:55 »

So, if the MP,s reject the final deal what happens then ?
John Redwood sked Dominic Grieve this very question in the commons today. He wouldn't answer the question but instead gave very long winded reply which had little connection with the question he was supposed to be giving an answer to.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 23:47:39 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 December 2017, 23:55:37 »

Clearly, MPs who vote differently to how the majority of voters in their constituency voted in the referendum should lose their seats.  That’s how representative democracy works. No different to if they don’t deliver on other promises they make. 

Just because a particular issue is of particular importance to a person or group of people, doesn’t mean the proper procedures of our democracy should be subverted. The referendum was not legally binding, so there is no reason why it should not pass through the normal procedural routes of parliament.

To allow us to leave the EU without going through the established political procedures would be to allow a political leader to take away citizens’ fundamental rights without a vote in parliament. If that’s something you are comfortable with, you and I have very different views about what living in a representative democracy is all about.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 December 2017, 00:11:02 »

I should think that Junker, Tusk, Barnier and the deranged Verhofstadt are rubbing their hands in glee this evening, as what Parliament has effectively done is to remove authority from David Davis and the PM.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 December 2017, 00:19:21 »

What once were the normal procedures of Parliament for centuries have been subverted on almost a daily basis for over 40 years. None of those who complained about it today murmured so much as a word of discontent about it during that time.
The Govt. position is that they will negotiate a deal, put it before Parliament for a vote, if its voted down then we leave under trade under WTO rules.
This doesn't bypass representative democracy or established procedures at all. The Govt. have always stated that Parliament would have a vote.This was about when the vote takes place.
My understanding is that this vote was about Parliament having the right to vote on the deal before it gets that far, so the scenario of either accepting the negotiated deal or reverting to WTO,cannot happen.
In theory, the commons can vote against it and the Govt. is sent back to the EU to negotiate a better deal - from the people who don't want us to leave !
Worse than that, they could get it through the commons and then have it voted down by the Lords.
So a few hundred unelected has beens could overturn the expressed will of 17.4 million voters.
How is that Democratic, representative or otherwise ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 December 2017, 00:20:24 »

I should think that Junker, Tusk, Barnier and the deranged Verhofstadt are rubbing their hands in glee this evening, as what Parliament has effectively done is to remove authority from David Davis and the PM.  ::)

Which I'm sure was the intention.

aaronjb

« Reply #25 on: 14 December 2017, 09:03:50 »

I didn't even know this was happening (that's how little I give a  :-X about the whole thing now) but what I heard on the news was basically this (paraphrasing):

"This vote will be the end of the Conservative government. Welcome your new Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn!"

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 December 2017, 09:18:37 »

Imagine if we had to go through all this whilst negotiating the outcome of the second world war?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 December 2017, 09:49:25 »

Dominic Grieve is now organising another rebellion against the Govt. for next Weds. He is hoping to prevent them from committing the EU leave date into law.
Of course I'm sure he has a very good reason for doing this. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 December 2017, 12:19:54 »

Lord Adonis tweeted today "this is the first step in stopping Brexit.  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 December 2017, 12:54:56 »

My understanding is that this vote was about Parliament having the right to vote on the deal before it gets that far.

Yes, that's true.

There is a big chunk of citizens' rights which only exist because of our membership of the EU. Free travel, right to settle in other EU countries etc etc. If the negotiated deal doesn't include all of those rights (and the entire point of this exercise is that it won't) then, previously parliament would have been given the choice as to whether they take citizens rights away (through the deal) or whether they take them away (through a no-deal). In effect, May, Davis et al will have been able to take away citizens rights while circumventing parliament. Now, in order for those rights to be removed, a majority of our elected representatives will have to decide that that is the right course of action.

Worse than that, they could get it through the commons and then have it voted down by the Lords.
So a few hundred unelected has beens could overturn the expressed will of 17.4 million voters.
How is that Democratic, representative or otherwise ?

Um... Parliament Act.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.