Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fence Ownership Dispute  (Read 4797 times)

STEMO

Re: Fence Ownership Dispute
« Reply #30 on: 17 December 2017, 15:30:11 »

Bit sick of hearing about this fence now. Get it fixed or leave it wrecked, but shut up about the fickin thing.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 December 2017, 15:57:53 »

Bit sick of hearing about this fence now. Get it fixed or leave it wrecked, but shut up about the fickin thing.  ;D
I can feel the Christmas love, STEMO ;D
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 December 2017, 16:04:52 »

I can feel the Christmas love, STEMO ;D

Yes, gives a nice warm glow don't it, I can cut back on the heating, again. ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 December 2017, 17:42:33 »

Just sit on the ficking fence why don't you Uncle STEMO!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 December 2017, 21:16:06 »

I'm sure if they don't make a contribution, they will appreciate looking out on your new old rusty corrugated iron faced fence panels, splattered with various primary colour paints and graffiti for the Darset urban-country rustic look. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 December 2017, 10:10:36 »

My understanding is that unless the deeds defines ownership then it is a party fence (note, even a T marked on the plan does not define ownership, it has to be specifically mentioned in the deeds) and a 50:50 cost for replacement/repair.

There are various notions that the way a wall or fence is constructed indicates ownership, for example that the posts and arris rails of a fence are on the owner’s side. There is, however, no legal foundation for such beliefs. Deeds may contain covenants to maintain a wall or fence but on their own, such covenants do not confer ownership. Where the ownership or responsibility for maintenance of a boundary cannot be determined, that boundary feature is generally best regarded as a party boundary. Any alterations or replacement of the boundary should only be done with the agreement of the adjoining owners.

The register will only show information concerning the ownership and/or maintenance of boundary features when this information is specifically referred to in the deeds lodged for registration. The most common marking on deed plans that relates to boundaries are ‘T’ marks. An entry referring to a ‘T’ mark is normally a statement concerning the ownership of a boundary structure or the liability to maintain and repair it.

If the ‘T’ marks are expressly referred to in the deeds lodged for registration then we will reproduce them on the title plan and refer to them in the register. As an alternative, the boundaries affected by ‘T’ marks may only be described verbally in the register, for example “The ‘T’ mark referred to [in paragraph/clause…] affects the [north western] boundary of the land in this title”.

‘T’ marks on deed plans which are not referred to in the text of a deed have no special force or meaning in law and unless an applicant specifically requests that the ‘T’ marks be shown on the title plan, we will normally ignore them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.