Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Degree of difficulty?  (Read 2853 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Degree of difficulty?
« Reply #15 on: 26 December 2017, 20:11:32 »

Having checked flea bay and the link Migv6 gave it seems that on the model I have you replace the whole drum which costs c£130 as Lord Opti says I can buy a brand new machine for not a lot more.Neither option really what I need at present as the tax man cometh at the end of January >:( Ho hum just have to take the hit and get a new one I suppose.
If you wash your work clothes, claim the cost back ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 December 2017, 21:26:33 »

I was thinking flat stones on the river bank, Andy - we spoil them nowadays!

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 December 2017, 17:24:46 »

Another joy of trying to repair white goods is the good chance of multiple lacerations due to nothing being deburred anymore. :o  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 December 2017, 20:00:26 »

Ron.

;D ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 December 2017, 21:08:59 »

Ron.

In some rural villages in France you can still see the communal clothes washing area. A shallow stone lined pool with well used warn washing stones around the outside.

The bearing on our Hotpoint washing machine is getting noisy and I keep putting off replacing it, which I think from its circa 20 year age is replaceable.

The problem with replacing with a cheap new machine is that they are only designed to last 2 years with average use. :( Heavy use means 1 year and a day. :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2017, 09:13:13 »

Another joy of trying to repair white goods is the good chance of multiple lacerations due to nothing being deburred anymore. :o  ;D

Same is true of PC cases (at least at the cheaper and 'home' end of the market).. stamped out and thrown together by Chinese children who, I can only assume, must have arms that look like they self harm from all the razor sharp edges..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2017, 10:54:38 »

Same is true of PC cases (at least at the cheaper and 'home' end of the market).. stamped out and thrown together by Chinese children who, I can only assume, must have arms that look like they self harm from all the razor sharp edges..
Which in itself is a good reason to avoid them, and go for better quality ones. That and the sometimes suspect PSUs.  When you're paying £8 for a case with PSU, shipped halfway round the world, finishing and safety (against sharp edges) aren't top of the agenda ;D

Aside from a flirtation with BTX about 15yrs ago, self build cases haven't changed in the last 25yrs, so if you're into self build, it makes sense to invest in a decent case :y

That said, for 99% of buyers, self build doesn't make sense nowadays, and probably hasn't for 10yrs or more.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 December 2017, 11:31:42 »

Ron.

In some rural villages in France you can still see the communal clothes washing area. A shallow stone lined pool with well used warn washing stones around the outside.

The bearing on our Hotpoint washing machine is getting noisy and I keep putting off replacing it, which I think from its circa 20 year age is replaceable.

The problem with replacing with a cheap new machine is that they are only designed to last 2 years with average use. :( Heavy use means 1 year and a day. :(

Every rural village in Southern Spain has them. Our village used theirs even after electricity arrived in 1980. I remember a few years back near Teruel stopping in winter to take photos of a good example and being shocked to see an approx 80 year old woman doing her washing and having to break the surface ice!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.