Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OOF snowflakes  (Read 3110 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
OOF snowflakes
« on: 30 December 2017, 00:58:29 »

On any forum and in life we need to understand that we all make mistakes, we all misconstrue ourselves, make jokes that only we find funny and we are intentionally (banter) and unintentionally at times offensive to other people, etc, etc. The opposite side is we help people with repairing Omegas, cars in general and other things, use our trades, skills and experience to help with diverse problems, give support when people are down and make people laugh with witty comments. A good thing in life is to be slow to anger and take offence and to be quick to praise and help. (Something that is emphasized on advanced driving courses, accept you and every driver makes mistakes and don't get involved in road-rage!) Personally, I think OOF is one of the best online communities in the world and it is all of you that contribute and make it so. All of you pat yourselves on the back for another year of contributions and comments, well done. :y :y :y

A thank you to the Brackley hamster for powering the server and your flatulence not blowing up the garage again. ::) ::) ::) TB for working his server magic and all the other OOF admins for their behind the scenes hard work in making the site work  :y :y :y and controlling us unruly lot. :o :o :o

OOF is a good positive nice place to be mostly, so lets all make it even better in 2018. :y :y :y

Wishing everybody on here a happy, safe, healthy, prosperous and great new year and 2018. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: OOF snowflakes
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2017, 01:26:59 »

I am in total agreement with you, Rods2, and well said.  :y :y :y
Thank you.

Ron.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2017, 08:03:35 »

Yes,on here I've found answers to problems-not just with the Omega-learned a lot from other members posts,had a good laugh at some posts.Received sympathy and advice when Maureen passed away,the list really does go on.A great forum to be a part of :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2017, 09:38:52 »

Well said Rods2.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2017, 11:16:10 »

Good words Rods!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2017, 13:22:54 »

Hear hear, I say, and long may it continue.
Well done chaps. :y :y :y

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2017, 17:44:49 »

Agreed this is a fine site ,certainly responsible for keeping my omega on the road. Thank you all especially the big contributors ,and a very happy new year to all members :)
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2017, 11:35:48 »

I agree with Rod states, but I will add the post I have just placed on the "Lincs Robert" thread:

"Yes, I can understand that point of view [answering a members comment that the drop in Forum contributors is due to reduced Omega ownership], but the fact is that the Forum is still attracting a big readership in "Guests".  Last night there were 110 of them at one point, compared to 9 members on line. Why don't more of the 110 Guests join and contribute to the Forum?

My point of view is that unlike in earlier times when you were lucky to get a post in before someone answered before you, and we all used to crack our sides open with extremely funny threads involving many names, some of whom are still around (like Darth Lou Vader, Jimbob, Skrunts, among others), that continued well into the night, we do not have this anymore.  I am not naturally "funny" so I stick to serious subjects that I know, like History and Politics, so I could be partially to blame, but I would LOVE far more humorous threads like the type we used to enjoy.  Yes, we did have the odd bust-up between members (including me) becoming too passionate in their argument, but we did have so much fun!

I also try and give advise in the various "Omega help" sections, but nowadays that advise is either not even commented on or rudely dismissed. So I now hold back from contributing.

It is that rude and arrogant attitude, with horrible comments made, on here that have put so many people off of posting. I KNOW this as when I have "returned" after deleting my account (last at 19,000 posts) in anger at so called "banter", I have other members who now stay silent commenting to me that they no longer spend much time on the Forum due to all the (this word was used by one) "shenanigans" by a minority.

Yes, it may be too late now to resurrect, and especially get more women to contribute, but let us all try to make the Forum more user friendly.  Let us accept others have different points of view to our own, which could be wrong anyway, and NOT insult them by using rude, aggressive, and dismissive comment, like even a "FFS" or "WTF". 

This may now be a totally male forum where I don't fit in anymore, like the other silent female members, but I want to keep my Omega going in tip top condition and I value the help many on here do give.  Let this be a feeling more can enjoy, with more humour by those who can inject it. :y :y :y"

Just how I see things on the Forum ;)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2017, 13:31:38 »

If you actually know the person handing out the abuse then its another thing BUT personally, I really don't understand why anybody would get so stressed out by some faceless person with a daft handle / forum name been a bit of a bitchy nob on a chatroom page  ::)

Seriously, a lot of people really need to put down there phones, turn off there laptops / computers and get into the real world, meet real people and socialize   ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2017, 14:37:15 »

Last night there were 110 of them at one point, compared to 9 members on line. Why don't more of the 110 Guests join and contribute to the Forum?
How many do you think are real humans, actively browsing the site?
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2017, 14:59:55 »

Argh... don't burst my bubble and tell me that of those nine "humans" 7 are bots and there are only two real people on the forum ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2017, 15:15:01 »

Guests will mainly be search engine bots. This is a big site in terms of forum threads and one thing I have noticed is that new topics are indexed very quickly by Google which suggests the site has a high SEO ranking. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2017, 15:42:16 »

Last night there were 110 of them at one point, compared to 9 members on line. Why don't more of the 110 Guests join and contribute to the Forum?
How many do you think are real humans, actively browsing the site?

So from what you say TB, and I know you know exactly what you are talking about, the actual numbers of "Guests" and members using this site now is even worse than it looked before?  That is scary! :o :o :o :o

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 December 2017, 15:49:18 »

Stats actually pretty steady since 2011...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?action=stats

Notable exception being the decline of new member registrations, which have declined in line with the Omega numbers.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 December 2017, 16:24:18 »

Back to Rods origional thread, I also wish all the admin and all other OOF members all the best for the coming year

Keith ABS
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.