Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS  (Read 1619 times)

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
ABS
« on: 06 January 2018, 22:29:12 »

Does anyone else on here belong to ABS and have difficulties joining the forum. Surely if you are a member the forum should be accessible straight away without going through another link. Since I subscribed I have never been able to access it and just gave up.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: ABS
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2018, 09:47:36 »

I never managed to get on it, but that was a few years ago.  I kept applying for forum access, but never got a response.

Try Keith B on here, as he is ABS committee member, so can point you right way :y
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2018, 15:26:24 »

I think the only way to gain access is to get a trade card through them.  Eveyone I have ever heard trying to get on the forum has said the same thing.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2018, 16:34:29 »

It is a PITA to get onto the forum. We had hoped that by now, the intergration would have been complete but software they were using went tits up and is unavailable.
Another set of software has been obtained and it is progressing. Some of it is due to what the forum is set up with, some due to the hosts software.
The forum manager also has a job that means he spends more and more time overseas for his company.
You don't feel like doing stuff when away from home and spending all day on a PC
One day.................

Keith ABS

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2018, 16:36:22 »

I think the only way to gain access is to get a trade card through them.  Eveyone I have ever heard trying to get on the forum has said the same thing.

Yes indeed, I'm only with ABS for the TC.  Never bothered with the Forum since trying twice to get on it, and just receive their mag every so often.  When it comes down to it the OOF is enough for me! ;D ;D ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2018, 17:26:35 »

New members do pop up "in the other place" occasionally - perhaps a 2 or 3 per month. So it must be possible to register though don't ask me how since I've been 'in' since the old wdi mailing list days  ;)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2018, 20:40:23 »

Yes indeed, I'm only with ABS for the TC.  Never bothered with the Forum since trying twice to get on it, and just receive their mag every so often.  When it comes down to it the OOF is enough for me! ;D ;D ;)

You are actually registered on the ABS forum Lizzie so you were successful at some point.  :y 
I could tell you your username if you want, but not your password obviously.  ::) :)
It's not as 'lively' as on here, or as instant, but they are a nice bunch of guys.  :y  As you say, OOF keeps you busy enough.  :y

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2018, 21:00:58 »

You are actually registered on the ABS forum Lizzie so you were successful at some point.  :y 
I could tell you your username if you want, but not your password obviously.  ::) :)
It's not as 'lively' as on here, or as instant, but they are a nice bunch of guys.  :y  As you say, OOF keeps you busy enough.  :y

It is the password that I had problems with. No matter what I entered of my various passwords, it would not work ;)

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 January 2018, 21:23:14 »

Have had the same problem,never have been able to log in,but because I attend the meets etc I can catch up on any important club issues if the need arises.Seems that quite a few people are having the same problem.  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.