Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions and advise please  (Read 1937 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Opinions and advise please
« on: 09 January 2018, 19:12:15 »

Hi all looking at the possibility of buying an Insignia Elite nav either the 163 hp turbo or the 193 hp bi turbo Elite nav quite fancy the bi turbo  but have been told by a car tuner the the parts for the engine ie injectors are a lot more expensive to replace The reason I am looking at Insignias is the same reason that I was attracted to  my Omega elite second hand "you get a lot of bang for your bucks" plus well impressed with the build of the Omega Any input will be greatly appreciated
Regards
Tony
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

STEMO

Re: Opinions and advise please
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2018, 19:30:16 »

Well....I’ve got the astra elite with the 163 diesel engine.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2018, 23:22:26 »

I have 2014 Zafira Tourer, one thing is clear you do get a lot for your money. In terms of age, miles and spec with the Vauxhall badge.

I don’t think the build quality feel is there, the Insignia (not latest shape) does not feel that premium. It lacks ‘solid’ feel of German brands, eg my Zaf feels cheap in the doors.

But it’s comfortable, economical, fairly punchy mid range. 50-90mph on motorway it does it quite effortlessly. (2.0 163bhp diesel)

It has made me think about Insignia, as for half the cost of a Jag XF-S I could get a 2014 Elite Insignia with sub 50k miles.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2018, 23:24:38 »

I’d be interested to drive the bi-turbo, be interesting to see if it’s better off the line.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2018, 00:29:24 »

4x4 version is a cracking car :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2018, 10:40:46 »

Hi all looking at the possibility of buying an Insignia Elite nav either the 163 hp turbo or the 193 hp bi turbo Elite nav quite fancy the bi turbo  but have been told by a car tuner the the parts for the engine ie injectors are a lot more expensive to replace The reason I am looking at Insignias is the same reason that I was attracted to  my Omega elite second hand "you get a lot of bang for your bucks" plus well impressed with the build of the Omega Any input will be greatly appreciated
Regards
Tony

All I say is that in all my years of driving injector fed cars many 100's of thousands of miles, I never had any problems with the injectors, nor have I ever had the need to replace them.  Any Insignia is not going to be as old and used as our Omega's, so personally I take my chances as it should be a safe bet. ;)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2018, 11:00:23 »

Regards
Tony

All I say is that in all my years of driving injector fed cars many 100's of thousands of miles, I never had any problems with the injectors, nor have I ever had the need to replace them.  Any Insignia is not going to be as old and used as our Omega's, so personally I take my chances as it should be a safe bet. ;)

Injector issues are with diesel cars and the difficulty of removing them, petrol injectors are far easier to remove and rarely give trouble.

I have only ever had injectors cleaned once and that was on my Senator which had covered 248k by the time I bought it.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2018, 18:29:12 »

Had both diesel & petrol injection engines never experienced any problems with either.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2018, 18:45:56 »

Never owned a diesel so can't comment on that,personally I like the Insignia[they still fetch too much money at present for me to buy one]although I believe I've read on here that some find them to be uncomfortable and a bit cramped? I think if I were ever tempted to spend thousands on a car I'd try hiring one for a weekend-or a week maybe-just to be sure before purchase that it suited in all respects what I expected of it.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2018, 18:52:39 »

Never owned a diesel so can't comment on that,personally I like the Insignia[they still fetch too much money at present for me to buy one]although I believe I've read on here that some find them to be uncomfortable and a bit cramped? I think if I were ever tempted to spend thousands on a car I'd try hiring one for a weekend-or a week maybe-just to be sure before purchase that it suited in all respects what I expected of it.

The only time I have driven an Insignia, or rather two of them, was at the Millbrook Test Circuit just before the launch of the range.  The rather low roof at the back for passengers, and the seemingly 'wrapping in' of you as the driver by the fascia, compared to the openness of the Omega,was my lasting impression. The 2.8 I liked however! ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2018, 17:40:36 »

But it’s comfortable, economical, fairly punchy mid range. 50-90mph on motorway it does it quite effortlessly. (2.0 163bhp diesel)
I need to show you proper, refined, effortless, tractor powered 50-90mph...

...in the dry, as the rears are at the point the whole car gets lairy.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2018, 18:55:35 »

WWD :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2018, 19:11:12 »

The only time I have driven an Insignia, or rather two of them, was at the Millbrook Test Circuit just before the launch of the range.  The rather low roof at the back for passengers, and the seemingly 'wrapping in' of you as the driver by the fascia, compared to the openness of the Omega,was my lasting impression. The 2.8 I liked however! ;)

Good engine. :y

Be it used in the Insignia, Vectra, or iconic Signum. :)
« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 19:25:13 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2018, 19:49:03 »

WWD :y
4x4 worth seeking out :y

Have had both for the record ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2018, 20:02:25 »

I have an 2011 160 elite tourer. Lovely car but build quality inside is very plastic. It is quite economical especially on a run. Certain parts ie glow plugs are an astronomical amount of money
At £160 a time  :o

In all i would rather fancy the bi turbo version and 4x4  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.