Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: False incoming missile alert for Hawaii  (Read 4722 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: False incoming missile alert for Hawaii
« Reply #30 on: 15 January 2018, 16:04:00 »

I doubt they'd target Lord Opti's fruit and veg!  ;D

I don't know though.  I bet Lord Opti has the best fruit and veg in the county, so I bet some jealous Lincolnshire farmer has already phoned Putin or Kim Jon and given them co-ordinates of Opti's veg patch!  A strike is imminent as we speak! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)
Oh my god.....Lizzie is now openly talking about Opti’s meat and two veg.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 January 2018, 21:03:12 »

I would be a goner for sure. With all the important industry and tech that’s around in Barnsley, I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit us with multiple warheads.  :(

.. Whereas my parents live equidistant between Aldermaston and Burghfield. :(

This topic always reminds me of the old line from "Threads" just before it kicks off big style  ::)

Something along the lines of ............... if it kicks off, take the kids to your mothers in Lincolnshire, there is nothing to bomb there  ;D

Aye was said by the Kemps neighbours. Threads highlighted the truth about something we never dared think about. Probably the reason why I visit Cold War structures and think about what might have been.... Problem is that I do believe that one day it will happen... You can't Un-invent Weapons of Mass Destruction.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 January 2018, 17:21:00 »

I would be a goner for sure. With all the important industry and tech that’s around in Barnsley, I wouldn’t be surprised if they hit us with multiple warheads.  :(

This topic always reminds me of the old line from "Threads" just before it kicks off big style  ::)

Something along the lines of ............... if it kicks off, take the kids to your mothers in Lincolnshire, there is nothing to bomb there  ;D

Aye was said by the Kemps neighbours. Threads highlighted the truth about something we never dared think about. Probably the reason why I visit Cold War structures and think about what might have been.... Problem is that I do believe that one day it will happen... You can't Un-invent Weapons of Mass Destruction.

If your ever around these parts, pop in here and have a look  :y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Holmpton

I visited about 10 years ago and again last year after even more was opened up to the public  :y
I was amazed that parts of it was still been used on the hush hush more then 10 years after the wall had come down.
The old coffin dodger who does the tour really knows his stuff and is well worth taking the time to listen to what he has to say  :y

Same here sadly but I cant see a full scale kick off like I was expecting back in the mid / late 80's when I was doing my bit out in sausage land  :y
As far as we was concerned, we would have maybe 3 or 4 days before we were all gassed or topping up our tan via a nice instant bucket of sunshine  ;D ;D
I suppose that's why we all had such a "work hard, play even harder" attitude  :-X :-X :D :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 January 2018, 18:15:45 »

If your ever around these parts, pop in here and have a look  :y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Holmpton

I visited about 10 years ago and again last year after even more was opened up to the public  :y
I was amazed that parts of it was still been used on the hush hush more then 10 years after the wall had come down.
The old coffin dodger who does the tour really knows his stuff and is well worth taking the time to listen to what he has to say  :y

Same here sadly but I cant see a full scale kick off like I was expecting back in the mid / late 80's when I was doing my bit out in sausage land  :y
As far as we was concerned, we would have maybe 3 or 4 days before we were all gassed or topping up our tan via a nice instant bucket of sunshine  ;D ;D
I suppose that's why we all had such a "work hard, play even harder" attitude :-X :-X :D :D

Yes indeed, and that may have been one thing subconsciously behind the 80's culture of earning as much money as you can, and than splashing it out!  I remember my colleagues and I often discussing how we could be dead tomorrow (due to the CCCP), with my father always stating "It is better to be red than dead" !!! :o :o :D 

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 16 January 2018, 18:18:40 »

Yeah. We used to say that when we’d cornered some evertonians.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 January 2018, 19:37:01 »

Yeah. We used to say that when we’d cornered some evertonians.

;D ;D ;D ;D that,s a good one STEMO ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.