Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speeding Q...  (Read 2884 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Speeding Q...
« on: 19 January 2018, 13:30:55 »

What's the standard response to NSL +30 on a motorway?

Not me and my Desmond :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Speeding Q...
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2018, 13:57:16 »

No speed awareness course  ;) I think the limits vary with individual forces but North Yorkshire has an upper limit of 89mph on NSL dual carriageway and motorway for a course to be offered.

I would be expecting a court appearance if you/he was +30mph over, if you were actually +30 over or just guessing.

Malc will be along to clarify it I would think.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2018, 14:26:49 »

Unmarked Plod got me a few years back on the M3 , clocked at107 MPH: they said it would be an automatic court appearence for anything 100 MPH or higher.
They kindly looked after mu licence for me for 6 months.  >:( :(

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2018, 14:29:25 »

Unmarked Plod got me a few years back on the M3 , clocked at107 MPH: they said it would be an automatic court appearence for anything 100 MPH or higher.

Ron.

I must admit I have driven at some ungodly speeds. I try to be aware of unmarked cars but you can never be totally sure. :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2018, 14:46:09 »

Likely to have an enforced break from driving :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

2boxerdogs

« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2018, 14:52:56 »

Ron.

I must admit I have driven at some ungodly speeds. I try to be aware of unmarked cars but you can never be totally sure. :).

You and me both Opti, nowadays I do try my best to stay within the legal limits hard sometimes though.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2018, 14:59:56 »

I suppose it could have been worse: I had slowed down from 130 MPH due to approaching roadworks!
Well, 3 AM on an empty, dry motorway and V6 power..... :-[

Ron.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2018, 15:06:31 »

Over 100mph is usually an automatic ban imposed by the courts.  If it is based on 100mph being shown on a (non-calibrated) speedo, then it is very likely to not actually be that fast, so a hefty fine without the ban could be the outcome.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2018, 15:16:05 »

If stopped at the scene then the rozzer will normally tell you what speed he's reporting you for, and what's likely to happen. Some may tell you you've been done for 100+, but then actually put 97/98/99 on the ticket. If they do that you'll get the normal £100 + 3 points COFP through the post. If you're reported for 100+ then they'll issue a summons to appear before the magistrates - probably in a month or so's time.

If it's a speed camera then it's tricky - they don't have to tell you what speed you've been clocked at till you get to court. You'll get a NIP first to nominate the driver (within 14 days) . If you then get a COFP then chances are it'll be less than 100MPH. If it's 100+ then much more likely to be a summons to court. The summons must be issued within 6 months.

If you end up before the beak for 100 MPH+ the sentencing guidelines for driving in excess of 101 mph on a motorway or dual carriageway are that they should consider a period of disqualification from driving for a period of 7 – 56 days (in addition to the imposition of a fine, costs and victim impact surcharge) or to endorse with 6 points.

NIP = Notice of intended prosecution
COFP = Conditional offer of a fixed penalty (3 points + £100 fine if you plead guilty immediatley)
You = "the royal you"

The above also depends on other factors, such as how many points are already on your license, and the road conditions at the time. My money would be on a one month ban and a big fine - £1000 or so.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2018, 15:18:51 »

I found my speeding fine the other day whilst sorting paperwork.

Was done for doing 95/100mph . . . shame the police report didnt admit they couldn't catch me in thier 3.5 SD1, i was only doing 125mph on a very open and totaly empty road.  The good old days. . . .only other thing I saw was a Kawaski 1300 6 potter that buzzed me as if Iwas in reverse. ::)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2018, 15:24:01 »

:o Drop pants , bend over , apply KY jelly

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2018, 16:11:50 »

:o Drop pants , bend over , apply KY jelly

I don't think you get the K-Y at 30 MPH over. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2018, 16:12:21 »

If stopped at the scene then the rozzer will normally tell you what speed he's reporting you for, and what's likely to happen. Some may tell you you've been done for 100+, but then actually put 97/98/99 on the ticket. If they do that you'll get the normal £100 + 3 points COFP through the post. If you're reported for 100+ then they'll issue a summons to appear before the magistrates - probably in a month or so's time.

Interesting, as the chap I work directly with got stopped on the M5 in 2017 for doing 96mph. He was clocked for a quarter of a mile at this speed, on a clear dry day with very little ahead of him (he showed us his dash cam footage). The Police Officer told him that it was unfortunate for him as the highest speed to be offered a COFP is 95mph.
He got fined £300 and 4 points on his licence.

You'll get a NIP first to nominate the driver (within 14 days) . If you then get a COFP then chances are it'll be less than 100MPH. If it's 100+ then much more likely to be a summons to court. The summons must be issued within 6 months....

When it went over five months he started ticking the days off on his calendar. When it got to within a week he was overjoyed. He got home that night and it was through the letterbox.  ;D

Seems a bit harsh teasing people like that doesn't it.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2018, 16:24:19 »

Errr - if you're saying it was your car, but not you driving then I'd be playing this one with a very straight bat.

Look up the rules/laws around "permitting". Basically, before you let someone else drive your car you're supposed to check that they have insurance to drive your car. You are unlikely to have "any other driver" cover on your own policy (unless its a traders policy) so your insurance probably won't cover him to drive your car. His policy may or may not have "any other vehicle not owned by..." cover. If he does, then fine. If not then eeek.

If the rozzers start asking you if you gave him permission to drive your car then you can be in the poo as well. If you answer no, then he is guilty of TWOKing. If you answer yes, and he doesn't have his own "any other vehicle not owned by..." then you are guilty of permitting (and he's guilty of no insurance as well as speeding). Permitting carries a 6 point penalty.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/143

The only safe way to let someone else drive your car is to inspect their insurance first.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2018, 16:33:47 »

Nah, was a colleague... Driving home on Wednesday morning...

He's young and stupid... Drives a '63 320d as though it were an M3 :-X

A good kick up the arse will be no bad thing, but it will be interesting to see if he mentions it at work... If he keeps his job, it will be pushing wheelchairs for a while...

A random license check in a month or so might be in order ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.