Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: And we wonder why . . .  (Read 2606 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
And we wonder why . . .
« on: 24 January 2018, 00:19:34 »

And we wonder why . . . the ambulance service and A&E departments can't cope.

Maybe there should be a Department for Egg Advice ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-derbyshire-42788584/woman-calls-999-over-broken-eggs-in-fridge

I went to a local A&E about a year or so ago with severe hand laceration, dripping blood etc, the department was full of morons and relatives drinking coffee and moaning. Nobody dying, or bleeding, or whatever. The "shock horror" stories in the press have little to do with underfunding, and everything to do with halfwits misusing our healthcare system.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: And we wonder why . . .
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2018, 08:06:17 »

Correct, I had the same experience, a large percentage at time wasting twits.

Plus there appears to be a growing trend of GPs not doing home visits and simply advising the patient to go to A&E/Drop-In or call an Ambulance.

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2018, 09:22:17 »

Growing trend? I thought they'd stopped doing home visits about 40 years ago.. although to be fair I do know they attended my other half's severely disabled sister at home, which did tell me they do still do them in exceptional circumstances.

Incidentally, though, if either of you had attended A&E while I was there you'd probably have concluded I was one of those time wasters with no visible injuries or problems - though I was, in reality, in agony, as my bowels had popped out through a hernia ;) (There was, of course, also a drunk and two crazies waiting in the same room)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2018, 09:27:30 »

My eldest daughter is an A @ E sister .

She says about 75% of people attending have either minor issues which could be dealt with at a chemist/doctors nurse,or seem to delight in self harming or abusing their bodies.

A @ E is accident and emergency but is a "pass the buck " from all other services

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2018, 09:52:52 »

A @ E is accident and emergency but is a "pass the buck " from all other services

Yep, the problem is, we're passing the buck from relatively cheap services (chemist, police cell, GP, care home, "just effing get over it") to a very expensive one, then wondering why the NHS is a money pit and not performing. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2018, 09:57:15 »

Another area of British life, that president TB, can deal with once we have him running the country, and the cull will begin........

Vote TB
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2018, 10:31:15 »

And we wonder why . . . the ambulance service and A&E departments can't cope.

Maybe there should be a Department for Egg Advice ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-derbyshire-42788584/woman-calls-999-over-broken-eggs-in-fridge

I went to a local A&E about a year or so ago with severe hand laceration, dripping blood etc, the department was full of morons and relatives drinking coffee and moaning. Nobody dying, or bleeding, or whatever. The "shock horror" stories in the press have little to do with underfunding, and everything to do with halfwits misusing our healthcare system.

It's because the service is free...........combined with the growth of the snowflake generation.

Prior to 1948 people ( especially those on a low wage) would sorted any minor ailments with an economical home remedy.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2018, 10:34:43 »

Growing trend? I thought they'd stopped doing home visits about 40 years ago.. although to be fair I do know they attended my other half's severely disabled sister at home, which did tell me they do still do them in exceptional circumstances.

Incidentally, though, if either of you had attended A&E while I was there you'd probably have concluded I was one of those time wasters with no visible injuries or problems - though I was, in reality, in agony, as my bowels had popped out through a hernia ;) (There was, of course, also a drunk and two crazies waiting in the same room)

My observation is totally based on fact not assumption  :y

A girl with a paper cut....needed a plaster....fixed to her finger in the waiting room after 3 hours of waiting
A guy with stomach cramps who pissed off after a few hours because he had had a good shit
A man (of foreign decent) with a headache who only went to A&E as the Paracetamols were free
Numerous drunks and druggies
Some idiot who had sawn through his hand to the thumb bone.....oh that was me

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2018, 10:40:20 »

Some idiot who had sawn through his hand to the thumb bone.....oh that was me

;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2018, 11:48:53 »

Triage should have a TB type sat in the room with an AK47.  Any non emergency cases would be taken round the back for treatment.....  :-X

I think it would clean up the gene pool and sort out the overcrowding problems the NHS has very quickly!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2018, 11:59:29 »

No, don't have TB do that: a better way would be to use these breakless idiots for organ donation - keep them in a warm tank somewhere until needed.....

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2018, 12:22:58 »

More popular with geriatrics the age of STMO I would have though.

Not great for a 'young stud about town' such as yourself, Aaron. :-\

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2018, 12:25:58 »

Quite common for fat bloaters like myself, though, as I understand it.. had it repaired and a mesh inserted now (back end of last year) so hopefully "the lump" won't put in another appearance for a while! (Though I'm told recurrence rate is high for hernias)

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2018, 12:34:07 »

Quite common for fat bloaters like myself, though, as I understand it.. had it repaired and a mesh inserted now (back end of last year) so hopefully "the lump" won't put in another appearance for a while! (Though I'm told recurrence rate is high for hernias)
I’ve had one for 13 years (inguinal). I just pop it back in and carry on regardless, as people of my generation do.  :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2018, 12:37:24 »

On an episode of Embarrassing Bodies one fella had a hernia the size of a medicine ball. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2018, 12:40:26 »

How is the weight loss going?

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2018, 12:40:57 »

On an episode of Embarrassing Bodies one fella had a hernia the size of one of STEMO’s balls. :-\
Wow! Huge.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2018, 12:45:00 »

On an episode of Embarrassing Bodies one fella had a hernia the size of one of STEMO’s balls. :-\
Wow! Huge.

Apparently Dr Pixie exclaimed....."my, that is a big one" :)

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2018, 13:00:15 »

I’ve had one for 13 years (inguinal). I just pop it back in and carry on regardless, as people of my generation do.  :P

:P I couldn't pop it (umbilical) back in - nor could the (two) surgeons who tried (on-call followed by consultant).. despite the first doc saying much the same "oh, it'll probably just pop back in"

I remember my other half's comment after they tried: "My god, their hands were basically inside you" ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2018, 13:01:38 »

Wow! Huge.

Uncle STEMO must have a funny gait if one of his balls are the size of a medicine ball.  :-\  ::)

Maybe he should get Dr Pixie to look at it?  ::)  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2018, 13:16:44 »

Wow! Huge.

Uncle STEMO must have a funny gait if one of his balls are the size of a medicine ball.  :-\  ::)

Maybe he should get Dr Pixie to look at it? ::)  :)

Dr Christian seems quite keen to check out 'male parts' :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2018, 13:19:37 »

Yes, he appears to have a fascination with certain mens areas.

'Ah that appears to be adenoids sir, we will just do a quick rectal examination....'

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2018, 14:23:53 »

'Ah that appears to be adenoids STEMO, we will just do a quick rectal examination....'

Dr Christian seems right up Uncle STEMO's street then!  :y

Or should I say Dr Christian is right up Uncle STEMO's back alley?  ::)  :P  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2018, 15:32:22 »

On an episode of Embarrassing Bodies one fella had a hernia the size of a medicine ball. :-\
The Hernia is just the hole in the lining of various areas, the mass is what manages to get through said hole to cause lumps of various sizes. :o ouch. I,ve had four ops, so far, and may have another one, unless it,s scar tissue from the repair they had to do as the first one went again. :(

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2018, 15:37:37 »

'Ah that appears to be adenoids sir, we will just do a quick rectal examination....'
Nothing wrong with being thorough.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.