Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Strange result

(1/10) > >>

Shackeng:
As mentioned I got a replacement ignition switch for the 3.2, a genuine OE Febi part with the GM logo still visible. the first thing I noticed when I reconnected the battery after fitting the switch was that the radio came straight on, with ignition off, and I did not need to recode the radio??? The battery had been disconnected for a week. I also got a warning tone when the door was opened with key removed although there was nothing switched on or indicators selected. I now have to physically switch the radio off when exiting the car, as it does not go off with the ignition. As a result, I refitted the old switch again to see if it was the same, and it is, radio remains on with key removed unless switched off, although the warning sound has gone with the door open.
Secondly I was unable to synch either key to the new switch, and I am also unable to synch them back to the old switch, now back in. ??? ??? ???
I also have a spanner light on (haven't checked the codes) but I suspect it didn't like me messing with the switch.
Any ideas?

TheBoy:
No codes to enter if its NCDC201x series of radio.

As for radio going on and off with ignition, I think there is a setting, I'd have to check.  There certainly was a setting on old ccr600 type radio.

Shackeng:
What about the lack of synch? Not sure of the radio model, I will check. Its 2001 3.2 Elite, and the audio manual is massive. (I've only glanced at it in the 7 years I've owned it as there is just too much 'stuff'.) :-[

TheBoy:
You have only changed the mechanical switch (presumably). So nothing to sync.

Shackeng:
No, the electrical switch, hence febi with gm logo. :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version