Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting documentary  (Read 7725 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Interesting documentary
« on: 28 January 2018, 07:59:51 »

On C4 last night a documentary titled Holocaust:The Revenge Plot.It seems that in 1946 a group of 50 Jews in Germany calling themselves The Avengers hatched a plot to kill 6 million Germans by poisoning the water supply.They did manage to poison some SS prisoners at Dachau by pasting arsenic onto the bottom of loaves of bread,the authorities said no-one died as a result of this but one man claimed that this was untrue and that approx. 100 died because of it.At the time the programme was made 6 of the original 50 were still alive,one[a woman]regretted what they'd tried to do and said they must have been crazy to have come up with such a plan but that they were living in crazy times.One of the men said he was full of regret every day because they didn't succeed.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting documentary
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2018, 16:10:07 »

Yes, an interesting one indeed.

It was wrong however to even consider what they tried to do as justice was required to take it's course, not vigilante actions. The great Nazis hunter Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, always stated that there should be "  Justice Not Vengeance" for the Nazis's and the SS responsible.

However, far too many of them lived instead of dangling on a rope for a long time!! >:( >:( >:(

I will say no more! :-X 

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2018, 16:56:19 »

As vile as the Nazi rule was with 6m murdered there is an even viler system on our planet that has murdered 100m in 100 years it's called Communism. >:( >:( >:( It gets a free pass from the left wing in all Western countries and NOBODY has ever been punished. >:( >:( >:(

Stalin murdered 6-8m Ukrainians in the 1932-33 Holodomor. :'( :'( :'( A deliberate genocide by forcibly taking all the food from vast areas of Ukraine. My wife's family only survived where they kept bees and the bee hives weren't confiscated and they has a cherry orchard. They couldn't risk eating the cherries and so they eat the cherry tree leaves with honey. Many people died in their village along with adjacent cities, towns and villages. :'( :'( :'(

In WWII in a process of extermination by both the Nazis and Soviets in Ukraine there were 1.4m military deaths including, my wife's granddad in 1944 where he served in the Red Army. 7m civilian deaths murdered by both side including 0.5m Jews killed by the Nazis. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2018, 17:22:35 »

As vile as the Nazi rule was with 6m murdered there is an even viler system on our planet that has murdered 100m in 100 years it's called Communism. >:( >:( >:( It gets a free pass from the left wing in all Western countries and NOBODY has ever been punished. >:( >:( >:(

Stalin murdered 6-8m Ukrainians in the 1932-33 Holodomor. :'( :'( :'( A deliberate genocide by forcibly taking all the food from vast areas of Ukraine. My wife's family only survived where they kept bees and the bee hives weren't confiscated and they has a cherry orchard. They couldn't risk eating the cherries and so they eat the cherry tree leaves with honey. Many people died in their village along with adjacent cities, towns and villages. :'( :'( :'(

In WWII in a process of extermination by both the Nazis and Soviets in Ukraine there were 1.4m military deaths including, my wife's granddad in 1944 where he served in the Red Army. 7m civilian deaths murdered by both side including 0.5m Jews killed by the Nazis. >:( >:( >:(

I think the difference is Rod that the Soviets were a very important part of the Allied forces that defeated the Nazis.  The Soviets were the victors, and so would not be put on trial as the Nazis were at Nuremberg, and infact were a vital element of the prosecution.  With Stalin very much in power there was no chance of the West even starting to consider Soviet war crimes. There was no appetite for that, and then of course came the Cold War anyway.  Stalin died in 1953, the year I was born, and the Soviet system remained intact under new leaders until the CCCP was dissolved in 1991. There was little chance then of bringing about any justice for the millions murdered by the Soviets during WW2, or later.

Now, in the West, as you have correctly stated, we are in a situation again of having an almost politically closed situation with Putin, who I am sure would not assist with any move to bring war crimes to book.  Indeed, as with the Nazis, there are few Soviets alive now who could be held culpable for any crimes.  It is not going to happen, and now, regretfully, must be filed in history, but used as a record of what humans can do to each other and as a warning for the future. ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2018, 17:36:04 »

I think the difference is Rod that the Soviets were a very important part of the Allied forces that defeated the Nazis.  The Soviets were the victors, and so would not be put on trial as the Nazis were at Nuremberg, and infact were a vital element of the prosecution.  With Stalin very much in power there was no chance of the West even starting to consider Soviet war crimes. There was no appetite for that, and then of course came the Cold War anyway.  Stalin died in 1953, the year I was born, and the Soviet system remained intact under new leaders until the CCCP was dissolved in 1991. There was little chance then of bringing about any justice for the millions murdered by the Soviets during WW2, or later.

Now, in the West, as you have correctly stated, we are in a situation again of having an almost politically closed situation with Putin, who I am sure would not assist with any move to bring war crimes to book.  Indeed, as with the Nazis, there are few Soviets alive now who could be held culpable for any crimes.  It is not going to happen, and now, regretfully, must be filed in history, but used as a record of what humans can do to each other and as a warning for the future. ;)

...and be ignored as is felt convenient by the the rest of the world. Witness the Balkans, Syria, Yemen... need I go on? :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2018, 17:51:40 »

...and be ignored as is felt convenient by the the rest of the world. Witness the Balkans, Syria, Yemen... need I go on? :-X

Yes, so sadly true!  MAN never learns does he?! :'( :'( :'(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2018, 18:21:30 »

Will you stop being sexist, Lizzie - you never find blokes doing any such things!

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2018, 18:23:22 »

Will you stop being sexist, Lizzie - you never find blokes doing any such things!

Ron.

No, of course not Ron.  Just on the OOF! Smaller brains indeed!! :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 18:27:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2018, 18:31:44 »

WHO has the smaller brain? Women: on average, four ounces less than men. Now go and sit on the naughty step for being insolent!  :P

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2018, 18:53:11 »

WHO has the smaller brain? Women: on average, four ounces less than men. Now go and sit on the naughty step for being insolent!  :P

Ron.

Ah, but us women use our brains, not what is between our legs! :P

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2018, 19:02:47 »

There has been very little evidence of that, Lizzie, and if you were honest you would agree. A lot of dizziness and emotionality, yes.....
However, despite all of the above, I do respect women and even like some of them!  ::)

Ron.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2018, 19:19:07 »

Ron.

we have a brain and a penis, but not often enough blood to run both at the same time.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2018, 19:33:13 »

Ron.

we have a brain and a penis, but not often enough blood to run both at the same time.

Ah, that explains everything! ;D ;D :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2018, 19:40:03 »

On the other hand Women can talk or they can think (mostly about shoes for some bizarre reason). They rarely stop talking for long enough to think though.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2018, 19:51:55 »

On the other hand Women can talk or they can think (mostly about shoes for some bizarre reason). They rarely stop talking for long enough to think though.  :D

Ah, but we can multi-task, so we can do both, and more, at the same time :-* :-* ;D ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.