Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Eye  (Read 5301 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Parking Eye
« on: 02 February 2018, 11:55:33 »

I've lent my Mondeo to a mate who lives in the Philippines while he's here visiting for a month.  :)

Today in the post I've had a 'Parking Charge Notice' from Parking Eye for £70 where he's parked in an Aldi car park in Romsey.  He was parked for 30 minutes!  ::)

I've just phoned Aldi who have told me that there is a terminal in which he should have put the reg no in for free parking for Aldi customers or otherwise it's a Pay and Display.  ::)  They said we can challenge the ticket but will need to send receipts to prove he was shopping there!  ::)

I think I might just email them to tell them that my mate was driving and give them his address in the Philippines!  :)

Am I right in thinking that I can't just ignore this as the law has changed?  ???  Webby had one recently I think?  :-\

« Last Edit: 02 February 2018, 11:57:31 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Eye
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2018, 12:21:26 »

Just fill out the driver's details, and say he had hired the the car.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2018, 12:37:46 »

That's my thoughts exactly! Let them chase him in the Philippines!  :y

If I do that though, any come back on me as the registered keeper?  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2018, 12:47:07 »

Yes. You’re not allowed to ‘hire’ your car out.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2018, 12:47:56 »

You should also know from previous postings that you don’t just ignore these things.

STEMO

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2018, 12:56:16 »

You should also know from previous postings that you don’t just ignore these things.

Quite.

Everyone feels outrage and looks for a way to wriggle out, but very often it's best and sometimes cheaper to just pay up. I had a flat in London with a parking space that I had paid for, I got fined for not displaying a permit, after really looking into why I got fined for using my own parking space, I just coughed up. Aldi and Lidl are both very clear about the need to enter the car reg when leaving, together with a scan of the QR code on the till reciept. There really isn't much of an excuse. You can thank the people who use the car park but shop elsewhere for this.

Your mate owes you £70  ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2018, 13:25:36 »

Then again, the contract by which this demand is being made can only be created between the little hitlers who administer the car park and whoever was at the wheel of the car on the day. This wasn't Sir Tigger QC, so he's not liable.

If his mate in the Philippines CBA to pay, it's Aldi's problem.

No need to mention hire, etc. Fact is, someone else was driving, so someone else incurred the fine.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2018, 13:26:28 »

I've lent my Mondeo to a mate who lives in the Philippines while he's here visiting for a month.  :)

Today in the post I've had a 'Parking Charge Notice' from Parking Eye for £70 where he's parked in an Aldi car park in Romsey.  He was parked for 30 minutes!  ::)

I've just phoned Aldi who have told me that there is a terminal in which he should have put the reg no in for free parking for Aldi customers or otherwise it's a Pay and Display.  ::)  They said we can challenge the ticket but will need to send receipts to prove he was shopping there!  ::)

I think I might just email them to tell them that my mate was driving and give them his address in the Philippines!  :)

Am I right in thinking that I can't just ignore this as the law has changed?  ???  Webby had one recently I think?  :-\

I had this.

Simply tell the manager your friend was shopping there at the time of the ticket.

In my case the manager simply produced an old till receipt for that time which was used as evidence for the crooks at Parking Eye.

The car was parked while Mrs Opti was having her hair cut (didn't actually shop at Aldi) but the manager was not to know. :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2018, 13:27:45 »

Been there, done that, got the Lidl T Shirt

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=135939.0;all

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2018, 14:27:14 »

Look on the second sheet of the PCN  'Protection of Freedoms Act'. It states that after 29 days you are warned that if it's not paid in full or you have not given them the drivers correct name and address, they will claim from you. In this case, you WILL be giving them the correct details, so I would go for it and give your mates address in the Philippines.

Coincidentally, I have a PCN from Parking Eye in my possession for staying in Morrisons car park for too long. I emailed Morrisons, with my reason of why I had overstayed the time limit and Morrisons very kindly overruled the fine for me.  :y I showed no receipts but we were genuinely in their store.
Next time, make sure that a sheet of paper accidentally blows across your front number plate on the way in to the car park, as when you leave six hours later, a car which technically never entered the car park has just left.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2018, 14:43:03 »

I havn't hired the car to him, I've lent it to him.  He's on my insurance and is driving it legally.  :y

I had a quick look at Aldi Romsey on Google Images and if I have the right shop there are 2 ticket machines and Parking Eye signage right by the entrance, so I don't think he has a leg to stand on really!  ::) 

Anyway, I've spoken to him and he dosn't have any receipts, so he either coughs up the £40 or relies on them not chasing him in the Philippines!  :)

Look on the second sheet of the PCN  'Protection of Freedoms Act'. It states that after 29 days you are warned that if it's not paid in full or you have not given them the drivers correct name and address, they will claim from you. In this case, you WILL be giving them the correct details, so I would go for it and give your mates address in the Philippines.

Yes, there's nothing on the PCN about having to have a UK address.  So I think as long as I give them his correct contact address, I should be OK.  :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2018, 15:11:49 »

Reality is that it is very difficult to impossible to get money owed from somebody in a third party country when the debt was not incurred there, so they won't bother. The worst that can happen is they don't believe you and try to claim from you as the registered keeper. The fact you have it documented as an insured driver means that you have proof you lent your car legally to them. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2018, 15:19:47 »

I havn't hired the car to him, I've lent it to him.  He's on my insurance and is driving it legally.  :y

In answer to biggriffin’s “ say he hired the car”, your answer was “My thoughts exactly”  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2018, 16:47:58 »

In answer to biggriffin’s “ say he hired the car”, your answer was “My thoughts exactly”  :P

I refer you to my original post.  ::)  :P

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.