Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: First MOT for the Tata tomorrow.  (Read 3502 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: First MOT for the Tata tomorrow.
« Reply #15 on: 07 February 2018, 09:03:22 »

Well the X260 shaved best part of 200kgs off......and did add AWD....but dropped the V8 (although they are dropping it into the XE!)

Loss of a full American must help with fuel use, also see even the 180bhp Auto falls into £30/yr tax bracket.

How do you find it on fuel?

Beyond all expectations, the last tank, based on pumped fuel, has achieved just shy of 60mpg with 6 round trips to work and a reasonable helping of local short journeys

That's very impressive! Thought it would be mid to high 40's

Yours the 180?

Seen second hand examples, of the X260 with ~80k going for 15k.

Nope, just the 163 (which is actually still pretty adequate and also easily tuned up to the higher figures)

80k for 15k, shows what a good deal I got!

Tempted to test drive new XF, as if the 3.2 expires on me they are top of the list along with XJ.

Often see various outputs with same lump, e.g. 163 vs 180. Is it just engine mapping? With VW there was the 140 vs 170, but often discussions focused on bigger turbos or better cooling in the higher BHP versions.

Also for 15k I've seen 2011 XJ Portfolio with all the trimmings, again with 80k miles. Feel running costs could be too high though.  :-\

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 February 2018, 09:11:45 »

Exactly the same power plant, no differences other than the MAP.

Tuning outfits are getting them beyond 200Bhp without issues (because there is actually minimal difference between the 163 and 200).

The 163 does have a smaller fuel tank, slightly different under trays etc to lower weight and improve the aero package a bit (no exhaust visible on the rear).

Its a much more agile car then the X250, huge improvements to the suspension package and obviously lighter.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 February 2018, 09:27:04 »

Tuning outfits are getting them beyond 200Bhp without issues (because there is actually minimal difference between the 163 and 200).

The 163 does have a smaller fuel tank, slightly different under trays etc to lower weight and improve the aero package a bit (no exhaust visible on the rear).

Its a much more agile car then the X250, huge improvements to the suspension package and obviously lighter.

Yeah noticed that by browsing various specs. Leather looks like it's standard and wood is completely gone now? Earlier versions had to go for S or R-Sport versions to get black/silver/carbon trim.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 February 2018, 10:20:38 »

Wood is a no cost option (the black trim is wooden but coloured black....go figure!), leather is standard (expect for some poverty spec which does not seem to be offered in the UK).

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 February 2018, 11:30:18 »

Mr Tunnie.

The X260 that  Mr Fuse owns is far more advanced than my X250. It weighs considerably less and is much more spacious, especially rear leg room.

The 300 BHP.... 516 lb ft torque 3.0 derv XFS that I had for a week recently averaged about 45 MPG and I was certainly not trying to be economical.

Only problem is that an X260 will be 2015 or later so obviously cost more.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 February 2018, 11:36:34 »

Mr Tunnie.

The X260 that  Mr Fuse owns is far more advanced than my X250. It weighs considerably less and is much more spacious, especially rear leg room.

The 300 BHP.... 516 lb ft torque 3.0 derv XFS that I had for a week recently averaged about 45 MPG and I was certainly not trying to be economical.

Only problem is that an X260 will be 2015 or later so obviously cost more.

This is good news.

Agreed MrFuse's is far newer and lighter, I was surprised how quickly they have fallen in value.

Seen on Car Giant 65 Plate 2.0 X260's, Prestige spec either 163/180bhp for around £15k with 80k on the clock.

The older shape like yours, the XF-S Portfolio, so top spec with nice big 6 pot engine (be it DERV), also around £15k but for 2013-ish examples with again 80k ash miles.

Given the 3.2's rusty frame is patched, I intend to keep running it and wait for these nice Jags to depreciate more in price.

But keeping close eye just incase, as the 3.2 was nearly killed last week by some suicidal women turning into a car park in front of me. Apparently, even though I was directly in front of her, I was in her blind spot, when I put the window down to 'discuss' the matter.

On a separate note I do find the Omega's horn nicely aggressive, especially compared to the measly one the Zaf has.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 February 2018, 11:37:33 »

Wood is a no cost option (the black trim is wooden but coloured black....go figure!), leather is standard (expect for some poverty spec which does not seem to be offered in the UK).

I find it difficult to know exactly what is 'standard' and what is an 'optional extra'

Most of the dealers are not exactly sure either.

On my car, after much research......

Space saver spare £150
Electric sunroof £1000
Reverse camera £400
Black pack £775
Speed pack £2750
Draco wheels £510
Blind spot monitor £460
IRR paint £650
Piano black trim £500
Red zone interior £800

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 February 2018, 11:44:57 »

As expected, the X260 has a more modern feel to it. Hard to describe objectively but it just feels 'less old' ;)

The X260 is a great drivers car. One of the best out there and probably better than a 5 series. You could do far worse and £15000 for a 2015 car is a bargain even if it uses an engine from a cement mixer. ;)

Steering wheel aside I prefer the interior of my car.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 February 2018, 11:50:39 »

Less than 11000 miles but I wager it'll fail on the same thing as my old XFR.

Rear tyres that resemble racing slicks?

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 285/30/20 are pretty new......and the old girl doesn't have the firepower of the modern super saloons we have today :(.... So no.

Jaguar needs to add 150 BHP and all wheel drive.......oh, and lose 500 KG while they are at it. :)

Nah, rear wheel drive is more fun :D

Yeah.....I agree. But your Datsun only has about 330 BHP to deal with. :)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 February 2018, 19:50:11 »

Less than 11000 miles but I wager it'll fail on the same thing as my old XFR.

Rear tyres that resemble racing slicks?

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s 285/30/20 are pretty new......and the old girl doesn't have the firepower of the modern super saloons we have today :(.... So no.

Jaguar needs to add 150 BHP and all wheel drive.......oh, and lose 500 KG while they are at it. :)

Nah, rear wheel drive is more fun :D

Yeah.....I agree. But your Datsun only has about 330 BHP to deal with. :)

362 bhp to be honest but it`s plenty at the moment  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2018, 17:55:16 »

I can only begin to dream of that, though the forums tell me that should be the norm.  I get low 30s normally, though have managed high 30s (and high 20s ::))
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.