Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rear exhaust section for 2003 Omega 2.6 v6 saloon  (Read 1848 times)

MW-Omega

• Herts
    • Omega V6 2003
    • View Profile
rear exhaust section for 2003 Omega 2.6 v6 saloon
« on: 09 February 2018, 15:22:59 »

Hi Guys

I wonder if you can help.  I have seen a lot about exhausts on the forum and much said about contacting ETS / Eternal.

I am after a rear exhaust section for one of my 2003 Omega 2.6 v6 saloons.  As you are probably aware, the 2.6V6’s were fitted with single tail pipe back boxes from the factory, but I would prefer to fit a twin tail pipe back box as is on the 3.2V6s.   I believe there is no physical / mechanical difference at the joining section (ie where it joins the middle section) but I would like you to check this please.

Prior to posting I emailed ETS last night and oddly I have got the following message back “unfortunately we don't sell the part you are looking for”.   I have asked them to recheck as this doesn’t seem right from all that I have heard, and I was only emailing the general shop email address (which may have been picked up by a less knowledgeale admin person).

I also noticed on the ETS list of exhaust parts for Omegas, twin tail pipe boxes shown against late model 2.2 omegas, which can’t be right.  I don’t think any 2.2s were ever produced with twin tail pipe back boxes. Have they just got their listings wrong.

Any thoughts?
Any specific contacts at ETS I should speak to? 
Or other providers I can try?

Thanks for your help.  M.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: rear exhaust section for 2003 Omega 2.6 v6 saloon
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2018, 15:38:41 »

They're talking tosh...

3.2 back box will fit 2.6 centres. (It will also fit 2.2 16v ) provided the exhaust fitted has two centre boxes as per the original arrangement.) What it won't fit is the four cylinder single centre pipe set up and diesels...

Plenty of choice on ebay, but be aware that centre and rear sections are either saloon or estate, but never both :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

MW-Omega

• Herts
    • Omega V6 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2018, 17:05:04 »

Thanks DG.  ...tosh: i thought that was the case. And have to say i was a bit dissappointed given all i had read about ETS on the forum 
Do you know of anyone specific at ETS i should e speaking to?
I have had a quick look on ebay but there doesn't seem to be a twin pipe rear box for the later model saloons. They all seem to be pointing to 3.0  upto 99 models. Any chance of pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks M.

powerslinky

« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2018, 17:50:18 »

Thanks DG.  ...tosh: i thought that was the case. And have to say i was a bit dissappointed given all i had read about ETS on the forum 
Do you know of anyone specific at ETS i should e speaking to?
I have had a quick look on ebay but there doesn't seem to be a twin pipe rear box for the later model saloons. They all seem to be pointing to 3.0  upto 99 models. Any chance of pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks M.

Order 3.0  for the  3.0 /3.2  engines  which will be  twinpipe outlet   

Order 2.5  for the 2.5 /2.6 engine  which will be single outlet.

VERY Important to order Saloon or Estate variant though . . .they DO differ

Twin outlet backbox will still fit a 2.5 /2.6 though  ;)
« Last Edit: 09 February 2018, 17:55:41 by Essex Big Al »

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2018, 19:22:40 »

As said, all V6 Saloon Backboxes will fit V6 Saloon. :y

I have a Mini Facelift 2.5V6 (had from new) and I recently changed the GM Exhaust to a twinpipe one (was single pipe) a couple of months ago.  I was changing whole exhaust (rear box and both middle sections), so I ordered a 3.0 V6 one from ETS (£90 !!  Delivered !!) and fitted perfectly.

I am very happy with the ETS one as the GM one I had fitted 10 years ago definitely made her quieter from the original factory exhaust.

The ETS one has definately given her the V6 growl back, and twin pipes at the same time  :y

Only difference I think is the length of the tailpipe in that its slightly shorter on the 2.5 and 3.0 compared to the Facelift due to deeper bumper on the Facelift.

Winner winner, Chicken Dinner !

« Last Edit: 09 February 2018, 19:25:25 by DrAndyB »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2018, 22:53:46 »

I think ETS/Eternal must have some issue with type approval and regulations in some countries (German TUV?) that prohibit fitting anything but genuine/type approved parts.

I think that they might have type approval for pre-facelift models (eg up to 1999) but not for facelift. We know that the exhaust systems are interchangeable, they know it, but it is verboten for them to say so.

If you ever ask a question that indicates that you want to fit the exhaust to a vehicle for which they do not have type approval then your order will get cancelled ::)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2018, 07:47:58 »

When I was looking to buy exhaust for mine it seemed to me from the prices I saw] to be nearly as expensive-in some cases more so-to buy just the back box as it was to buy the full cat back system.Bought mine from Eternal and very happy with it :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2018, 09:52:44 »

Just order the complete system for a 3.0L, and fit, it's easier than faffing around trying to separate the tail section from the centres, just re-use the hanging rubbers if there GM ones as the ets/eternal ones supplied ar'nt very durable.
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2018, 15:12:08 »

Just order the complete system for a 3.0L, and fit, it's easier than faffing around trying to separate the tail section from the centres, just re-use the hanging rubbers if there GM ones as the ets/eternal ones supplied ar'nt very durable.
What he said /\ /\ /\

If its an old system the chance are you end up trashing it anyway trying to remove the back box.

MW-Omega

• Herts
    • Omega V6 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2018, 01:04:08 »

Thanks for all the replies & info Chaps.
Sorry it has taken a while to come back, family problems have meant that i have had a whole load of other sh*te to deal with.
Have sorted temp fix, but will probably purchase ETS parts as suggested. I just found their responses really annoying and very dissapointing.
Noted:   making sure for saloon & saving rubbber mounts.

Thanks again.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2018, 03:23:42 »

Or consider one from here.

15 months ago I made an offer on the (350) 2.5/2.6 single tailpipe version and agreed on £68.00 delivered. It shipped from Germany in less than a week and was a lot more solid that I had expected. The rear box tail pipe is a very utilitarian compared to the GM originals, but likely so are the ETS ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.