Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Plusnet mobile  (Read 2294 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Plusnet mobile
« Reply #15 on: 10 February 2018, 15:39:03 »

Well, if you can get a half decent Signal outside, you could install a Mobile Repeater Booster system, they do work if installed properly, bottom line its an outside Aerial as high as possible on the House, ideally facing your best Signal Radio Mast, some decent cable feeding the Box of Tricks, then more decent cable feeding the internal Aerial(s).

Ive done a few of these installs in the past for people who are stuck, needs to be done properly as they key is to get as much isolation between the external and internal aerials, then choose your poison on the Box of tricks as to which Mobile Bands you want to cover.

Other option and probably cheaper is to install another form of Mobile Box that works through your internet Connection, but that generally will only boost Voice Calls.

Thks Chris, I only need it for voice calls so could you PM me details of that please. :y
As you say Plusnet dont do the Home Booster box but EE do, as far as Im aware the EE ones are Open Microcells (Open to All including Virtual Sims) unlike the Vodafone Sure Signal Boxes where you have to pre register what Numbers you want to work through it.

So ideally an EE Box should in theory work, all you need is an account with EE, maybe a cheap 30 day or PAYG Sim on there Network and then convince them you need a Box for poor coverage for your EE Sim.

But its been a while since I messed with these boxes so please do some homework first.

Edit - Found a Video on the EE Box here -.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGcjZZdgMc&spfreload=10
« Last Edit: 10 February 2018, 15:41:06 by zirk »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Plusnet mobile
« Reply #16 on: 10 February 2018, 18:11:51 »

Well, if you can get a half decent Signal outside, you could install a Mobile Repeater Booster system, they do work if installed properly, bottom line its an outside Aerial as high as possible on the House, ideally facing your best Signal Radio Mast, some decent cable feeding the Box of Tricks, then more decent cable feeding the internal Aerial(s).

Ive done a few of these installs in the past for people who are stuck, needs to be done properly as they key is to get as much isolation between the external and internal aerials, then choose your poison on the Box of tricks as to which Mobile Bands you want to cover.

Other option and probably cheaper is to install another form of Mobile Box that works through your internet Connection, but that generally will only boost Voice Calls.

Thks Chris, I only need it for voice calls so could you PM me details of that please. :y
As you say Plusnet dont do the Home Booster box but EE do, as far as Im aware the EE ones are Open Microcells (Open to All including Virtual Sims) unlike the Vodafone Sure Signal Boxes where you have to pre register what Numbers you want to work through it.

So ideally an EE Box should in theory work, all you need is an account with EE, maybe a cheap 30 day or PAYG Sim on there Network and then convince them you need a Box for poor coverage for your EE Sim.

But its been a while since I messed with these boxes so please do some homework first.

Edit - Found a Video on the EE Box here -.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGcjZZdgMc&spfreload=10

On the PN forums, a lot of people are having similar difficulties, so I suspect EE will be reluctant to give out these boxes unless I have some sort of contract with them. I shall ask anyway.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.