Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car playing up again. Camshaft and other crazy code driving me crazy.  (Read 901 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Took car out today. It drove great parked up at my mums for a while.When I went to start it, the engine light came on (not spanner one), and it ran as if missfiring. Got it home, checked codes P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit No Signal, and P1700 SVS request via CAN. So I cleared them and tried starting the car, the engine light came on again with same codes. Cleared them again and let it run for a while, then it felt lumpy as if missfiring, checked the codes and got a new one, P0351 - Ignition Coil 1 Incorrect Signal. I have changed both Cam and Cranksensor with Genuine Vauxhall ones (From local Dealer) not so long ago. Also was getting missfire on Cylinder 1 error code, after I had done both sensors, so changed Coilpack and new plugs.  Does anyone know what could be causing these to appear again? When I was doing Camsensor I checked all the timing marks and they all lined up. Removed the MAF connector and the car dropped a few revs.

Thanks in advance. If I cann't sort it then going to big carpark in the sky and I will get a V6. Are the new V6 DBW and how reliable are they?
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile

Serek is a bit far from you, in Huntingdon, but you could always phone him with your problem?

Ron.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't think a engine could cause so much aggro.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile

You're welcome, just don't break it until you have spoken to the Omega miracle-worker, Serek!
Ahem, other miracle-workers are available.....  :y 8)

Ron.

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • View Profile

Thanks for suggestion. The annoying thing is that it has just passed MOT. Body work is in good condition, no banging or strange noises. Drives great when working.  Just used to the old 2.5 Omegas, never had any trouble with them. Even the wifes 1995 2.0 Omega is better behaved. ;D

If it costs silly money to sort, will look at a V6 seen a nice 02 for sale, good price and MOT History looks OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.