Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lidl customer service  (Read 9305 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Lidl customer service
« Reply #75 on: 12 February 2018, 14:25:47 »

In the near future, order picking will be carried out by robots and delivery will be made by drones. The costs will drop very significantly for online retailers then.

But "wastage" will go up as drones crash or are hijacked by the criminals after hacking their electronic systems, with also customers denying they have received the drop in their garden. In addition, how big will these drones be to deliver a month's worth of shopping or the latest 90" television?  Cannot get my head around that.

As for the CDC's, they are great for distributing bulk items by lorry after being picked electronically.  Amazon do their warehouse bit very well.  But their goods are far from being so fiddly and different like Sainsbury's or Tesco, and having a warehouse fitted out to hold the ranges the big supermarkets have is a real hurdle for retailers wanting to go the "robot" root. It is why the current supermarket online business, with at least the main supermarkets, is picked by staff from the stock laid out in their main line stores, then shippers  out by vans with drivers.

Indeed, I have made enquiries with Sainsbury's on a professional level about all the Pickens you now see going around the local store.  They confirmed that they have seen a dramatic rise in the online business and keep on employing extra staff to meet the demand.  To me that means extra costs, on lower margins; not a good long term recipe for any retail business.  How that operation can be taken over by robots and drones (all extra costs, with "wastage" as I stated) I cannot see. ;)
On taking

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 12 February 2018, 17:47:24 »

In the near future, order picking will be carried out by robots and delivery will be made by drones. The costs will drop very significantly for online retailers then.
So, given that I'm in a drone no-fly zone, will I have to collect my goods from a few miles away?

I think the drone thing is a red herring.

I know in MK, there are trials of lunches being delivered by autonomous crates...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12 February 2018, 17:52:30 »

Why would you buy from Currys/pc world when the same thing on line is 10 or 20% cheaper and delivered to your door.
Have you not tried to buy anything from these mongs recently?  Effectively, you go in, and order the fridge you want to be delivered to your door using their expensive delivery options.

I usually start out by asking what fridge/whatever they actually have in stock to take away today in my car, usually to be told "everything is in stock", then have to get annoyed when I go to purchase this only to be told I have to pay delivery, and it will be next week, because they don't actually have any.  Which usually results in being manhandled out of the store for being unkind to the morons that work there.
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12 February 2018, 18:00:38 »

Why would you buy from Currys/pc world when the same thing on line is 10 or 20% cheaper and delivered to your door.
Have you not tried to buy anything from these mongs recently?  Effectively, you go in, and order the fridge you want to be delivered to your door using their expensive delivery options.

I usually start out by asking what fridge/whatever they actually have in stock to take away today in my car, usually to be told "everything is in stock", then have to get annoyed when I go to purchase this only to be told I have to pay delivery, and it will be next week, because they don't actually have any.  Which usually results in being manhandled out of the store for being unkind to the morons that work there.

Last thing I bought from Currys, was a dishwasher, 12 months ago.....I asked for discount and got it....cheaper than online too...
They had it in stock as well and I even helped the kiddie load into the back of my estate  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 12 February 2018, 18:03:31 »

Last thing I bought from Currys, was a dishwasher, 12 months ago.....I asked for discount and got it....cheaper than online too...
They had it in stock as well and I even helped the kiddie load into the back of my estate  :y
Must just be the Banbury one then.  But as we all know, people from Banburyshire are special, and usually have the same mother and sister.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 12 February 2018, 19:31:44 »

;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 12 February 2018, 22:51:50 »

To prove how lazy the british public have become, look at how many can't even be arsed to shop around online, and just only ever go to ebay, assuming that's cheapest...

What worries me is the ones who, driven by hunger or the craving for fags to get off their @rse and attend their local "One Stop", do so without bothering to change out of their pyjamas. :(

Add them to the cull list, would you? :y
SWMBOs niece was banned from using her local Tesco store for exactly that. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.