Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Oxfam .  (Read 3634 times)

2boxerdogs

Oxfam .
« on: 12 February 2018, 20:29:59 »

Expect most on here have heard about the claims about what's been alleged with Oxfam , talking about this at work this morning and quite honestly none of us were surprised.
Corruption everywhere easy to spend others cash.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Oxfam .
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2018, 20:33:38 »

Wot another large household institution, being accused of wrong doings... Really whatever next, honest politicians.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2018, 21:53:34 »

Doesn't surprise me at all. I would also like an explanation why a "charity" gets given £35 million a year of taxpayers money.  ???
My rule nowadays with charities is, if they are well known, I wont donate. Its one huge gravy train, infested with grandiose lefties.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2018, 22:17:32 »

I worked in East and Southern Africa in the late 90,s and early 00,s, and Charity, Aid and NGO workers were a common sight going about in their nice new Land Cruisers, which got parked up at the most expensive hotels at night.  ::)

Apparently a salary of USD5-6000 a month plus expenses wasn't uncommon for expat workers!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2018, 22:21:57 »

Was looking on a site yesterday showing the salary of chief execs of charities. Top man is Paul Nurse of  Cancer Research at 140k p.a. :o
Used to take my donations to Age U.K. (94k) but now take it to the Sally Army (10k, but he does get his rent and car paid as well).

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2018, 23:08:18 »

Doesn't surprise me at all. I would also like an explanation why a "charity" gets given £35 million a year of taxpayers money.  ???
My rule nowadays with charities is, if they are well known, I wont donate. Its one huge gravy train, infested with grandiose lefties.

Yep, and when it comes to the ones about which I'm undecided, all they have to do for me to slam the door is to invest in one of those <insert sob story here> .. AAAND for only £3 per month, you could stop <insert bullshit>. Now show pictures of suffering <person/animal/leftie> adverts on TV. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2018, 23:16:37 »

Agreed Kevin; I strongly object to being told how much to donate every month, as if it were some kind of contract and not my choice.
Maybe if they were to cut the £millions that they spend on prime time adverts?
Ah, but then there wouldn't be any income to cream off.....  >:(

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2018, 00:14:51 »

My late SIL was persuaded to pay a monthly amount by DD, it wasn,t long before they were writing and phoning her trying to persuade her to double her donations.  >:(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2018, 00:21:29 »

Don't these countries have governments? It is their responsibility to look after their citizens, not ours.  >:(

Ron.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2018, 07:37:26 »

Gathering momentum as I expected , children in Oxfam shops being abused a massive cover up over several years.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2018, 08:42:17 »

I read on another forum I frequent. Chaps auntie had allegedly promised an animal charity a certain amount on her death but when she popped had left a smaller sum to them, they contested her will and tried to claim the majority of her ( substantial) estate for 4 years before eventually losing in court. Greedy buggers !!

I only give to local charities that I can have some working knowledge of these days, I have worked for large charities myself and first class travel was positively encouraged 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2018, 09:07:39 »

I have worked for large charities myself and first class travel was positively encouraged

I am clearly working in the wrong industry - it's economy via the cheapest route for us, and we can't even expense the hookers..

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2018, 11:24:25 »

I donate to one charity Lincolnshire Essex & Trent Boxer rescue having had Boxers for the last 30 + years, our last 3 dogs have come from them. I have seen the work & effort that goes into turning these animals around & won't be pressured into donating to " tin rattlers" or by the adverts shown on the television. A few heads will roll over this Oxfam do & a lot of pervs will be worried methinks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2018, 13:33:28 »

Agreed Kevin; I strongly object to being told how much to donate every month, as if it were some kind of contract and not my choice.

Ron.
That's exactly what it is... ::) ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2018, 16:42:57 »

Ron.
That's exactly what it is... ::) ::)

Extortion from the elderly but legal in the name of charity
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.