Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Spark plugs

(1/6) > >>

Jonmabbitt:
Maybe a sill question but do people use Bosch super four spark plugs or are they consider crap now. Does any one no if there is much point in mapping my 2.0 I no I wouldn't see a massive gain but just after abit better acceleration and maybe better fuel economy as seems to be a little worse than the 2.2 I had
Cheers
Jon

Entwood:
I've always use triple plugs, the multiple legs ensure the contacts don't wear out too quickly, but just having 3 not 4 ensures that the spark is not "shielded" from the mixture to any great extent (remember that only one "leg" ever works at a time .. one leg - one spark - one tiny bit of erosion)

Probably well out-of-date thinking, but it's what I was taught many years ago ... and no reason to change my thinking AFAIK ..  :)

TheBoy:
I always use twins, and they normally come a bit loose before they are worn out.

GM ones normally, due to cost.

BazaJT:
Mine also has twins in it,although in my case they're NGK plugs.

Jonmabbitt:
Ok thanks guys I'll look at twins and triples is there any updates that cane be done on the auto box or ecu as she feels abit slugy when notin sports mode and I no the 2.0 engines aren't bad as the vectra I had was same engine and felt a lot smoother n more poke to it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version