Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Water pump change

(1/4) > >>

Omegacd01:
So having picked up the omega on Saturday, it's decided to Spring a leak and looks like it's the water pump but haven't taken the cover off yet to be sure.
How easy is it to do along with new belt etc ?
Is the locking tool a Vauxhall part only or can I get one elsewhere ?
Are after market parts OK to use or should I use main Vauxhall ?
Thanks .

78bex:
Rotten bad luck on your part that the car springs a leak so soon  :o
Contact the seller & demand your money back  ::)

If it`a 4 pot go to the maintanace guide section.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90633.0

This guide covers replacement of the cam position sensor & in so doing describes removal of the engine front cover.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90628.0

assuming it`s a 4 pot, the cam sprocket locking tool is available at any motor factors.

How easy is it to replace the waterpump & cambelt ??? good question
If you`re an experienced mech, then I assume you wouldn`t be asking the question
As your asking, I`d say it`s quite easy to screw up.
If you`re confident give it go, get the full kit which includes the tensioner assembly & idler pulley wheels.
The Gates cam belt kit seems to get good reviews on here

Omegacd01:
Yes it's a four pot, yeah I'm confident enough to do it, only asked as been told (by non Vauxhall owner) that it's a bitch to do (didn't say why) and I've not worked on an omega yet👍

78bex:
I`ve found the car to be reasonably easy to service  :)
The 2.0 & 2.2 ltr 16V engines are quite rev happy & if serviced correctly will be reliable.
The mig is a heavy car & you ain`t gonna set any 0 to 60 record times ;D
Fuel consumption  around town & in the winter I`m gettin about 22 MPG
But compared to a Euro box, my car is a pleasure to drive.

I`ve seen some new members throw wads of cash at cars & if they don`t get instant results; probably get pee`d off & are never heard of again  :(

Only you can decide, if after getting the engine sorted; do you then have enough in the kitty to sort any additional work that crops up.
Be prepared to stump up for main dealer prices on cam & crank sensors.
After market parts don`t last long & some members go around in circles chasing engine &  electrical gremlins of their own making; cos they`re using crap knock-off junk from flee-Bay

Best of luck  :y let us know how you get on.

Doctor Gollum:
Only 22 mpg... You want a manual box in that. 26mpg from mine... But that's with a dodgy cam and crank sensor...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version