Author Topic: Why?  (Read 9234 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Why?
« on: 19 February 2018, 12:21:16 »

I've just had my Tax Code notice, and once again I am wondering why, after having paid tax all of my working life on my salary, do the robbing sons-of-bachelors tax me AGAIN on my State Pension?
I know that theres F all I can do about it - they make the rules - but why?  >:( :(

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2018, 12:27:21 »

I've just had my Tax Code notice, and once again I am wondering why, after having paid tax all of my working life on my salary, do the robbing sons-of-bachelors tax me AGAIN on my State Pension?
I know that theres F all I can do about it - they make the rules - but why?  >:( :(

Ron.

Don't worry Ron, you should have a company pension like mine.  They tax me on that, and just include my State pension in the total to be calculated for tax.  It is all because this is "unearned income", and when we were paying into the pension scheme the amount being paid in was not taxed!

So much for encouraging youngsters to pay into a pension scheme eh?

This is why I have no conscience at all about becoming older and costing the State more to look after.  We have, and still are, paying our dues! :P :P

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2018, 12:33:24 »

That is just downright fraud - no way was it unearned! I earned every penny and they took it from me without my having any option.
I agree with you about availing myself of the health care due to me, now that I am crumbling away, having reached 29 years of age - but I'm worth it!

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2018, 12:40:06 »

I am surprised there is tax topay on a UK statepension. I believe it is 70thin the world in amount. Behind the likes ofMexico. Worst in Europe.. Thanks tosuccessive governments.. Cheapskates.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2018, 12:50:14 »

Is it not because your pension is above a certain tax threshold....?

In other words, you must have a good private pension.... combined with the state pension....?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2018, 12:50:30 »

I am surprised there is tax topay on a UK statepension. I believe it is 70thin the world in amount. Behind the likes ofMexico. Worst in Europe.. Thanks tosuccessive governments.. Cheapskates.
There is no tax to pay on a state pension. You only pay tax if the value of your state pension plus any occupational pension takes you over the tax threshold.
I will get a full state pension in May, £164 a week, but I won't pay any tax on it.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2018, 12:55:36 »

STEMO, is that a typo?  I have had my paperwork and it is £146. . I thought thatwas the max. If it isntmabe Ineed to query it.........
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2018, 12:57:03 »

The government wants to make it compulsory for all people of working age to pay into a private pension scheme.

What happens when such schemes go 'tits up'? Who is responsible?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2018, 12:57:39 »

I do have a small occupational pension, but that also was taken out of my salary - so the same applies - I HAVE BEEN ROBBED!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2018, 12:58:40 »

STEMO, is that a typo?  I have had my paperwork and it is £146. . I thought thatwas the max. If it isntmabe Ineed to query it.........
No.....it's correct. I'm on the new state pension that started last year, 35 years of NI contributions gets you £164.34 from April.

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2018, 13:00:04 »

I do have a small occupational pension, but that also was taken out of my salary - so the same applies - I HAVE BEEN ROBBED!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ron.
Yes, Ron, of course you have.
Robbed by the taxman, robbed by paying VED, robbed by speeding fines. No one else....just you.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2018, 13:00:24 »

There is no tax to pay on a state pension. You only pay tax if the value of your state pension plus any occupational pension takes you over the tax threshold.
I will get a full state pension in May, £164 a week, but I won't pay any tax on it.

If TB's cull was to include everybody claiming a pension just think how much money the country would save.

Logan's run could be implemented at 65.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2018, 13:01:08 »

If TB's cull was to include everybody claiming a pension just think how much money the country would save.

Logan's run could be implemented at 65.
A valid contribution....as usual.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2018, 13:02:15 »

Ron.
Robbed by the taxman, robbed by paying VED, robbed by speeding fines. No one else....just you.
What about council tax? You haven't had a moan about that one yet.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2018, 13:03:46 »

Ron.

You're a spiteful bastard on the quiet, aren't you?

Ron.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.