Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Starting trouble

(1/2) > >>

Automaticman:
Well its been great for the few days ive used it since new ownership but this morning it will not fire up, starter turns over great with the new battery, the fuel light is flashing and it says 30 miles left, I wonder how accurate this is, anyone else experienced this ?

Nick W:
Is it parked on a sloping surface? 30 mile range means it's almost dry, so it doesn't take much to move that small amount of fuel away from the pickup. Estates are particularly prone to this.

deviator:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 21 February 2018, 09:46:00 ---Is it parked on a sloping surface? 30 mile range means it's almost dry, so it doesn't take much to move that small amount of fuel away from the pickup. Estates are particularly prone to this.

--- End quote ---
Tell me about it, my wife uses the Omega and keeps it fumes at all times, I was driving down a local hill to go and get some petrol and the car was shaking, to the point I pulled over to see if I'd got a flat tyre - no flat. Checked the wheel nuts, all good. So I started it back up. It was fine. Went and stuck some fuel in. Whilst the trip computer often says 0 miles, it's rare to get the petrol flashing, well it is on our car.

Automaticman:
Thanks for the reply guys, it is on pretty level ground so I pray its just low and when I can eventually find the bast**rd filler neck for the fuel can I might just get enough in it to start, I cant believe it has only done 47 miles on £20 even driving round town this seems a bit rich, I did think I could smell fuel around the filler area a few days ago, are they know for leaks around the filler tubes ?

Bigron:
No, the leak will be at the other end - it's called the engine!  :(

Ron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version