Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why won't my 2001 2.6 F/L do a locking reset?  (Read 2634 times)

powerslinky

Why won't my 2001 2.6 F/L do a locking reset?
« on: 31 March 2018, 17:29:15 »

Been like this since I got the car.  I did have an issue where the central locking was intermittant at sometimes not working. Cure for that seemed to be door switches for the puddle lights , 1 rear door puddle light was not working . But even then I could not do the usual key in on pos 2 & press button on fob etc.  Any ideas . . .locking / unlocking  from fob  is working at present  :-\ :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Why won't my 2001 2.6 F/L do a locking reset?
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2018, 11:10:46 »

If fob is working, its not clear what your current issue is, if any?  Are you able to clarify?
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2018, 14:22:26 »

If fob is working, its not clear what your current issue is, if any? Are you able to clarify?

just read my post  TB . . .sorry it is unclear  .  .   so . . .

I'm pretty sure that all the omegas  I have had , have all responded to a locking "re set" on demand .
As in  sit in drivers seat  . . .turn ignition to position 2 & press a fob button. usually all doors lock & then re open . This car does not do this .
My fob works for both opening & locking . . . all be it from a fairly short range   10 feet ish .

Earlier issue was that fob would not open or close . But after fixing a "stuck"or bad earthed  rear door pin switch all worked again & has been fine since .

Maybe the reset will not work unless there has been a fault on the system which then requires the reset to be done .   meaning  . . .if no fault   the reset wont function   :-\ :-\

but I'm sure on other Omegas I have had it could just be done on demand at anytime  :-\ :-\

hope this is a bit clearer  TB  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 April 2018, 14:24:09 by Essex Big Al »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2018, 17:10:01 »

OK, so you have no actual problem currently, but you are unable to follow the key resyncing procedure?

If you only have one key, remove fob part, and hold it near drivers kick panel when attempting. If you have 2 keys, just hold the other key near kick panel.
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2018, 18:27:36 »

OK, so you have no actual problem currently, but you are unable to follow the key resyncing procedure?

If you only have one key, remove fob part, and hold it near drivers kick panel when attempting. If you have 2 keys, just hold the other key near kick panel.

As tyou say , no current problem but unable to do a key resync . . .   Yep got 2 keys TB . . .will try what you suggest tomorrow & report back  . . thanks kindly  ;) ;)

powerslinky

« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2018, 09:53:38 »

As tyou say , no current problem but unable to do a key resync . . .   Yep got 2 keys TB . . .will try what you suggest tomorrow & report back  . . thanks kindly  ;) ;)

No joy TB . . .both keys will start the car & open & lock  the car remotely . . . but resync will not work . Held spare key next to drivers kick panel with other in barrel at pos. 2  . . .nothing happening. also switched keys  . . .still nothing happening  :( :(

question: the drivers kick panel is just below/ behind the bonnet pull is it ?  :-\ :-\

This issue is not a problem as remote locking IS working  . . . just wondering why it wont Resync :-\
« Last Edit: 02 April 2018, 09:57:03 by Essex Big Al »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2018, 11:24:10 »

Is it because it is in sync and quite happy  :-\
you could remove the battery from your spare handset (thus un-sync-ing it ) then try the re-sync
OR
be happy you have 2 working handsets ,go eat hot cross buns  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2018, 11:24:28 »

Next time our paths cross, lets plug the Tech2 in :y
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2018, 12:04:57 »

Next time our paths cross, lets plug the Tech2 in :y

Good idea that  . . . . Oh  & the hot cross Buns   ;D ;D ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2018, 19:44:55 »

Am I missing something here Al, or is it me. Are one of the Fobs not working and its that one your trying to sync, or are both Fobs working as normal and your just trying to check that they will re sync (ie Lock or Un Lock whilst in Pos II), if its the later, then fairly sure they will not operate whilst in Pos II if there already synced, they will though if they have lost there sync, if that makes sense.

powerslinky

« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2018, 20:20:53 »

Am I missing something here Al, or is it me. Are one of the Fobs not working and its that one your trying to sync, or are both Fobs working as normal and your just trying to check that they will re sync (ie Lock or Un Lock whilst in Pos II), if its the later, then fairly sure they will not operate whilst in Pos II if there already synced, they will though if they have lost there sync, if that makes sense.

The later Chris . . . .  it seems the system will only re sync  IF there is /was a problem . Both keys work remotely to lock & unlock .  I just thought a resync would work at anytime , wether there had been a problem or not.

However  . . .when I had an issue of when the remote locking would NOT work . . first thing I tried was a re sync . This would not work  :-\   Then found the only thing not working on the car was a rear door puddle light . Played around with that (pin switch)  got that working & then hey presto , remote locking started working again  :-\ :-\ :-\  Did not have to do a re sync as it would not do it .

Getting bloody complicated trying to explain this . but bottom line is , all is working ok at the moment  . . .so lets just leave it alone  until I HAVE to do a re sync  ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2018, 20:36:56 »

Al......you're a trouble maker.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2018, 21:48:15 »

Naw He's fine, I think Al's just trying to find a solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place.  ;) ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2018, 23:23:08 »

Naw He's fine, I think Al's just trying to find a solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place.  ;) ;D

that's what the internet forums are is for ::)

powerslinky

« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2018, 08:15:28 »

Maybe I should simply have asked  . . will the locking re sync work at anytime  . . . ???
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.