Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope prices don't go up  (Read 8475 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Hope prices don't go up
« Reply #30 on: 25 April 2018, 10:17:06 »

True, but if its collected in a butt, that stuff falls to the bottom,so you take the water from the top.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 25 April 2018, 11:02:02 »

I should probably hook my water butt up to a drainpipe.. shame there are no appropriately positioned drainpipes, really. I could at least use it to re-fill the pond in the summer instead of paying to keep the glorified goldfish (that we inherited with the house) alive ;D

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 25 April 2018, 11:17:13 »

True, but if its collected in a butt, that stuff falls to the bottom,so you take the water from the top.
And when you rinse your cloth in it, all the rust from your car sinks to the bottom.  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 April 2018, 11:21:21 »

I should probably hook my water butt up to a drainpipe.. shame there are no appropriately positioned drainpipes, really. I could at least use it to re-fill the pond in the summer instead of paying to keep the glorified goldfish (that we inherited with the house) alive ;D

Hence the over-complex system of float switches, relays and pumps that fills mine.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 April 2018, 12:09:41 »

And when you rinse your cloth in it, all the rust from your car sinks to the bottom.  ;D

Who rattled your fickin chain ?  ;D
Actually, when using the two bucket method you wouldnt believe the amount of dirt that ends up in the bottom of the rinse bucket. Using a single bucket, this stuff would be getting rubbed all over the paintwork.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 April 2018, 13:54:01 »

.. and I wonder how many cars the Kosovans wash on each bucket?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 April 2018, 15:05:48 »

From what Ive seen sitting in Sainsburys car park, while swmbo does the shopping, quite a few.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 25 April 2018, 15:12:30 »

No buckets involved in our Eastern European car washes. Proper bays with high, Perspex sides for the initial blow off and soapy sponge, next bay for rinse, then on to wipe dry, wax, air line the excess from mirrors, etc., tyre shine, interior windows, smiley smelly and that will be £5 please.
If you are in a bad mood, you can flog a slave round the back for an extra 2 quid.  :)

All in all, a much more efficient and cleaner way to do it. Unless you are an old fart who likes Jacob Rees Mogg and his ilk.  ;D
« Last Edit: 25 April 2018, 15:20:08 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 25 April 2018, 15:14:56 »

It actually has a sign up there saying no omegas and the like allowed as the pressure washer is likely to blow effing big holes in the sills and rear wings.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 April 2018, 15:26:34 »

No buckets involved in our Eastern European car washes. Proper bays with high, Perspex sides for the initial blow off and soapy sponge, next bay for rinse, then on to wipe dry, wax, air line the excess from mirrors, etc., tyre shine, interior windows, smiley smelly and that will be £5 please.
If you are in a bad mood, you can flog a slave round the back for an extra 2 quid.  :)

All in all, a much more efficient and cleaner way to do it. Unless you are an old fart who likes Jacob Rees Mogg and his ilk.  ;D

Ah...the minister for the 19th century.

I'd pay him a one and a tanner to wash my car. If he does a poor job I have the right to put my boot up his arse. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 April 2018, 17:52:38 »

I'd pay him a one and a tanner to wash my car. If he does a poor job I have the right to put my boot up his arse. :)

I would have thought a more appropriate 19th century punishment would have been to deport him to Australia. :D If you really want the punishment to include soul destroying hard labour, then put him in the Ashes playing England cricket team where they have to continuously play Australia for the duration. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 April 2018, 18:06:47 »

I would have thought a more appropriate 19th century punishment would have been to deport him to Australia. :D If you really want the punishment to include soul destroying hard labour, then put him in the Ashes playing England cricket team where they have to continuously play Australia for the duration. ;D ;D ;D

Agreed, but because I reckon the queue would get too long for the "boot up the @rse" option. ::)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 April 2018, 22:20:41 »

Wouldn't playing cricket for England come under "cruel and unusual punishment" even for him :-\                             

What am I saying :o of course it wouldn't ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26 April 2018, 11:12:18 »

These MP's want to mind their own business  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43868920

Being poor I wash my own cars. :y

You pay the 'illegals' £4 a pop to clean the Astra. :)

Being sensible I also wash my own car, who knows what shit they use to get the dirt off, at least I know it's getting done right when I do it.

STEMO

« Reply #44 on: 26 April 2018, 11:32:06 »

These MP's want to mind their own business  ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43868920

Being poor I wash my own cars. :y

You pay the 'illegals' £4 a pop to clean the Astra. :)

Being middle aged and anal, I also wash my own car, who knows what shit they use to get the dirt off, at least I know it's getting done right when I do it.
:y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.