Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone got adaptive cruise control?  (Read 5612 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone got adaptive cruise control?
« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2018, 13:36:49 »

I use my cruise a lot.  :y

It's especially useful on 'Smart' motorways.  Set the speed and cruise through, knowing that your speed isn't going to creep up.  ;)

Depending on traffic conditions of course.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2018, 14:08:55 »

It's especially useful on 'Smart' motorways.  Set the speed and cruise through, knowing that your speed isn't going to creep up.  ;)

This.

Given 75% or my miles are motorway, probably 50% of my total miles are done on cruise. I would very much welcome adaptive cruise with lane keep assist.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2018, 14:17:20 »

This.

Given 75% or my miles are motorway, probably 50% of my total miles are done on cruise. I would very much welcome adaptive cruise with lane keep assist.
What about a car with a bog? And a 'brew up' feature for when you fancy a cuppa  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2018, 14:57:46 »

This.

What about a car with a bog? And a 'brew up' feature for when you fancy a cuppa  ;D

Hole in the driver's seat and a thermos flask.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2018, 15:46:01 »

This.

I have this as well with 3 choices of warning level, but I am not keen on the higher level, as you tend to forget its on when you pull out to overtake, and, if you haven't indicated, you get a steering shake which I find disconcerting sometimes. :y

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2018, 15:53:28 »

This.

I have this as well with 3 choices of warning level, but I am not keen on the higher level, as you tend to forget its on when you pull out to overtake, and, if you haven't indicated, you get a steering shake which I find disconcerting sometimes. :y
Just like being back in your omega?  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2018, 18:13:08 »

Strangely, it seems to be one of 2 options not on the Black Pussy, RSE being the other.

TBH, I never took to it on the others I test drove, was a very strange sensation (though I guess I'd get used to it). And TBH, I rarely use cruise - used to use it all the time in those motorway 50mph zones, but I tend to use speed limiter functions instead now.  My daily commute doesn't really lend itself to cruise (of any description).
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2018, 19:49:46 »

This.

Steve, you have too much spare time, I'm going to have a word with 'er indoors. ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 18 May 2018, 20:05:13 »

This.

Steve, you have too much spare time, I'm going to have a word with 'er indoors. ;D ;D ;D
'Er indoors is never indoors, she's always working. Just finished SATS tests and got a phone call yesterday to say she had an inspection on Monday. So she won't be indoors at the weekend either.  :(

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 May 2018, 20:19:04 »

Only time I've ever used cruise control when I've being towing the caravan in France, where the roads are quieter.
I like red cars

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 May 2018, 20:26:44 »

I love cruise, ever since it was first avlbl back in the day, I've used it. I also like the speed limiter on the Mondy for special occasions. In fact I like nearly all the technology on it, including self parking. :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2018, 20:30:10 »

I love cruise, ever since it was first avlbl back in the day, I've used it. I also like the speed limiter on the Mondy for special occasions. In fact I like nearly all the technology on it, including self parking. :y

I park mine myself as well ;)
I like red cars

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2018, 20:47:37 »

After me having to do a speed awareness course ::)  i use it in speed limit areas and it,s nice on dual carriageways/ motorways when it,s quiet. :y

Figureman52

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • 2.6 CD Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 May 2018, 09:42:58 »

Drive around in a motorhome. ;D ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 May 2018, 10:44:44 »

These are very good as well.  I had an old Merc C250 that had one and most Mercedes trucks have them.

Again very useful in 'Smart' motorways and average speed camera areas.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.