Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Grenfell inquiry

(1/15) > >>

redelitev6:
 >:( I see the BBC are already gearing up for a "victim" overload , be prepared for months , possibly years ? of hand wringing and finger pointing ( at the government no doubt) what ever happened to suffering in silence ? sad thing is that the fire is probably going to be the best thing to happen to some of the survivors , P.T.S.D- can't work -benefits . Criminal behaviour? not my fault -trauma . The only people to benefit out of this sham will be , as ever, the legal profession . By the time it's all over they could have bought all the survivors a house with the money spent on these shitehawks (sorry "Legal representatives" )  >:(

biggriffin:
+1.

I think there's enough money in the fund that was set up in the survivors names to buy them all a house, and change left, but the trustee's and other hangers on, will soon lose all them millions.

Olympia5776:
Difficult one this methinks.
Whilst I have utmost and genuine sympathy for the families that lived in the tower and lost loved ones I can't but feel that there is a disproportionate amount of airtime being given to the whole thing.
I listened to a reviewer of the papers on Sky this morning who lamented the fact that the victims of the Manchester bombing ,which was year ago today, were virtually being denied any recognition due to the louder voices of the Grenfell tower debacle.
She quite rightly said that if she was a mother of a bombing victim she would be very angry that she was not being given the route to answers given to them.
It's all very sad but we are living in a compenstion culture now and I feel that that  is certainly part fuelling the drive for " answers ".
That aside there are many questions, that although glaringly obvious ,will conveniently go unanswered with no responsibility or cumulative blame attributed .
It's the British way unfortunatly.

STEMO:
It's not just compensation, it's the vigils, the outpouring of grief displayed by people who have nothing at all to do with it. People used to listen to the news, comment of how sad it was and moved on. Now they want to own it.
And blame.....someone has to be at fault. There are no accidents any more.

Olympia5776:
I'd agree that the disaster has been hijacked by some very voiciferous members of a narrow ethnic diversity many with a very tenuous connection to the actual circle of victims and event.
Some would suggest that the type of grief that has and still is being displayed is more aligned with that same ethnic diversity , I think it is certainly been used to a great advantage by those I previously mentioned.
I do believe that somewhere along the shady path from manufacture to certification and ultimately acceptance and installation that that material was known to be not just unsuitable but dangerous and unfit for purpose. As I said a few questions answered would tell the truth on the ģreed , deception, dereliction of duty and possible corporate manslaughter wrapped up in it all.
I don't believe we'll get them though, too many rich and powerful people walked that shady path.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version