Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

I can do without this shit ............

(1/4) > >>

tigers_gonads:
Left the lad to stick one of the front wheels on while I popped in for a dump  ::)
Came outside 10 minutes later to find him using a impact gun to start and tighten the wheel bolts  >:(
Now I have 3 which are about 400Nm and 2 which he had started cross threaded and carried on banging away with the gun until they are in  >:(

Can I take it that the bolts will strip before the hub ?

Also if I can get them out, what size tap and die do I need to see if I can save the day ?

biggriffin:
12x1.50 rings a bell, bet I'm wrong tho.

Nick W:

--- Quote from: biggriffin on 22 May 2018, 18:45:07 ---12x1.50 rings a bell, bet I'm wrong tho.

--- End quote ---

That's what they are. But it's a non-perfered size so you'll probably have to order a tap.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: tigers_gonads on 22 May 2018, 18:42:35 ---Left the lad to stick one of the front wheels on while I popped in for a dump  ::)
Came outside 10 minutes later to find him using a impact gun to start and tighten the wheel bolts  >:(
Now I have 3 which are about 400Nm and 2 which he had started cross threaded and carried on banging away with the gun until they are in 

--- End quote ---

If it's any consolation my lad did exactly the same thing on his car despite me telling him not to  >:(

tigers_gonads:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 22 May 2018, 19:23:21 ---
--- Quote from: biggriffin on 22 May 2018, 18:45:07 ---12x1.50 rings a bell, bet I'm wrong tho.

--- End quote ---

That's what they are. But it's a non-perfered size so you'll probably have to order a tap.

--- End quote ---

What's that mean Nick ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version