Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Had a call from EDF yesterday  (Read 14609 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Had a call from EDF yesterday
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2018, 07:49:33 »

Had a similar call from British Gas earlier this year[or was it late on last year?] I wasn't particularly inclined to accept one but posed the idea on here for the collective wisdom of OOF and came up with the same conclusion so declined to have one.As others have said having one wouldn't change what I do with regard to turning stuff on/off,it's on if I need it to be and off when I don't.

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2018, 08:53:56 »

£1K a quarter is ridiculous! I use £180 a month during December, January and February but only used £40 last month.

Christ, do you sit in the dark and live in a cave? ;D I'd love it if my summer-time bills were only £40/mo - they just upped my monthly DD to £210! I think even if I didn't turn anything on I'd use more than £40s worth of leccy & gas..

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2018, 09:58:10 »

£1K a quarter is ridiculous! I use £180 a month during December, January and February but only used £40 last month.

Christ, do you sit in the dark and live in a cave? ;D I'd love it if my summer-time bills were only £40/mo - they just upped my monthly DD to £210! I think even if I didn't turn anything on I'd use more than £40s worth of leccy & gas..

Very possibly he does . . . ( Que Hovis music  )  It's tough oooppp North

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJi_5T0jSnA

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2018, 10:56:56 »

Very possibly he does . . . ( Que Hovis music  )  It's tough oooppp North

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJi_5T0jSnA

shame they don't keep the roads so pristine and pot hole free nowadays  ;D

as for smart meters , i have an electricity energy monitor that displays how much electric we use
I will wait till they sort out standard smart meters ,so i can switch tariffs every year
gas wise , I'm not even bothering to monitor ,because I insulated the house so well ,the heating going on is a very rare occasion .

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2018, 11:10:46 »

Boiler is, more or less, off excepting dish washing, hand washing, etc. so nothing there. Leccy is for cooking, lights, tellies, etc and £40 sounds about right.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 July 2018, 11:46:17 »

Boiler is, more or less, off excepting dish washing, hand washing, etc. so nothing there. Leccy is for cooking, lights, tellies, etc and £40 sounds about right.

So, that's how he does it, no baths or showers  ;)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 July 2018, 11:55:02 »

I've  had 2 emails from Eon yesterday.

My electric is going down from £136 a month to £110 ..... Yipee 🤣
My gas is going from £66 to £72 ...... boooo! 😥

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2018, 12:21:10 »

How do showers affect the boiler?  :-\

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2018, 13:20:59 »

How do showers affect the boiler?  :-\

Hot water. Unless it's an electric shower. Or, unless you like cold showers after a suana and being lashed with birch twigs by a blonde Finnish lady.   ::)

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2018, 15:19:07 »

It's £40 for two weeks  :-[ Changed my plan last month.

aaronjb

« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2018, 15:34:00 »

Phew, that's more like it!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2018, 15:37:44 »

Our gas and electric is £300 pq...

Typically 12kwh of gas and 3kwh electrickery.
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2018, 17:00:24 »

Our gas and electric is £300 pq...

Typically 12kwh of gas and 3kwh electrickery.

Then you must be on a really good deal!? I just checked, in winter we're using about 10kwh of gas and 2kwh of electric, and in summer that drops to about 2kwh of each, yet my bill is more like £650 per quarter.. (About 3p/kwh for gas and 13p/kwh electric)

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 13 July 2018, 17:38:10 »

Those figures don't make sense, Aaron

As you can see, I use over 5000 KW of gas and over 300KW of electric.
« Last Edit: 13 July 2018, 17:41:05 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2018, 17:40:35 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.