Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother Theresa Takes Control  (Read 14217 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Mother Theresa Takes Control
« on: 24 July 2018, 22:02:45 »

Two weeks into his new job as BREXIT Secretary Dominic Raab has been sidelined, as the PM announces that she is taking control of the BREXIT negotiations and the Cabinet Office's Europe Unit headed by the now infamous Olly Robbins will take overall responsibility for the talks.  ::)

My betting is that she didn't like Raabs declaration over the weekend that there would be no divorce payment to the EU if they didn't deliver with a free trade deal.  I also think that she will soften her stance even further and give more concessions to the EU which will keep us in the EU in all but name (or BRINO), gambling that Tory MP's won't bring her down and force a General Election.  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Mother Theresa Takes Control
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2018, 22:10:06 »

This is what TM said when the Dept. was set up

“I will create a new government department responsible for conducting Britain’s negotiation with the EU and for supporting the rest of Whitehall in its European work. That department will be led by a senior Secretary of State – and I will make sure that the position is taken by a Member of Parliament who campaigned for Britain to leave the EU.”

How times change.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2018, 22:11:50 »

SURELY Boris could do a better job?

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2018, 22:21:14 »

SURELY Boris could do a better job?

That's never happened before.
And it never will.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2018, 22:31:56 »

I have no idea how all of this will end and I have given up trying to guess. TM is obviously after her place in history, but I think she is on a hiding to nothing.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2018, 22:41:09 »

Anyone would think we are a third world country shitting ourselves in case our betters don’t like what we suggest. Fk um I say, time to play hardball that’s the way it will end anyway. Why the hell dont everybody on all parties cons,libs, labs,  get together and sort it out I mean that is really why MP s are there,  we pay the fuc/ers after all.
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2018, 23:10:57 »

The woman is a useless and disgraceful waste of skin. The Tories should grow a pair and knife her mercilessly, then replace her with almost anyone. Cant imagine any of them doing a worse job.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2018, 00:55:45 »

They are also bringing out another White Paper, parts of which amends the recently passed EU Withdrawal Bill, so that crucial clauses of the European Communities Act are not repealed.  Meaning that EU law will remain supreme until December 2020 and the ECJ retains jurisdiction.  ::)

I guess it gives a legal basis to the so called implementation/transition period, but it's a bit troubling that they're already weakening the legislation that takes us out of the EU.  :-X

Brexit means Brexit right?  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2018, 20:44:43 »

I am not going to start suggesting anything one way or another on Brexit, as the numerous interuprations of the "correct" policy is almost in the number of every adult in the land. Everyone has something to say on it.

That then is the problem; we live in a democracy that with a Brexit vote split 48/52 over those who voted, with complicated patterns over age groups, political persuasion, and class. The PM has the hardest job in the world to balance all this, giving rightful recognition to the result, the needs of the country and telling Europe what we want that has the support of the majority of MP's, her own and those of other parties, that will be political acceptable to all parties, especially to us, the people.

Now if we did not have a democracy the situation would be much easier.  The Leader would tell everyone what they must accept, and shoot those who disagree. Easy!

So, anyone who thinks PM May has an easy life, and should just "sort it out", is simply naive.  Anyone who had been handed the poisoned chalice of Brexit, would suffer the same torturous road of trying to bang heads together and getting a consensus of positive opinion to travel to Brussels with. On the pitence we pay our politicians, even the PM, we are lucky we do not get the likes of certain directors of major corporations who are paid millions more and still well and truly fxck up!

« Last Edit: 25 July 2018, 20:50:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2018, 20:48:44 »

They are also bringing out another White Paper, parts of which amends the recently passed EU Withdrawal Bill, so that crucial clauses of the European Communities Act are not repealed.  Meaning that EU law will remain supreme until December 2020 and the ECJ retains jurisdiction.  ::)

I guess it gives a legal basis to the so called implementation/transition period, but it's a bit troubling that they're already weakening the legislation that takes us out of the EU.  :-X

Brexit means Brexit right?  :P

Not Brexit.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2018, 21:06:19 »

She wasn't handed the poison chalice, she volunteered herself for it and campaigned against anyone else who wanted it.
Her approach to Brexit now, flies in the face of her speech on the subject last year.
She has given the job of sorting the whole thing out to Oliver Robbins, her hand picked closest adviser, and arch Europhile.
As I said earlier, a useless waste of skin.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2018, 23:16:57 »

While we are subject and continue incorporating the EU rules to keep single market compatibility, May-Robbins weasel words 'common rules', which is the EU rule book or 'acquis communautaire' all the laws, rules and regulations that define the EU, there is no Brexit, there are no red lines as the EU can erase these as and when they wish as single market rules like insisting on the complete free movement of people, common tax rates, trading only with an adopted common currency, transparent borders for people as well as goods, payable fees for us benefitting from 'frictionless trade', ECJ supremacy and anything else they decide, and the EU are masters at extending regulation especially into new areas. >:( >:( >:(

We will become as always planned a vassal province of the EU dictatorship on even worse terms than now as we will have no representation or say on any new laws, rules or regulations. The EU 'acquis communautaire' is their army of occupation. >:( >:( >:(

There will be NO FTAs with countries outside of the EU as they will all insist on reciprocal standards which is incompatible with our EU straight jacket on goods and agricultural products. So no big gains from ROW trading, cheaper food etc. >:( >:( >:(

The May-Robbins EU pact will be to the UK the biggest sell out to foreign interests and countries this country has suffered since Traitor Heath took us into the EEC and any Europe country since the 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop was to Poland. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2018, 12:32:00 »

I feel it might be a good time to drop this in here for those who haven't seen it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvEp_B5Kq8

The first time I saw this, I was crying with laughter, in the middle of a pub  :y
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2018, 13:02:50 »

Very good.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2018, 13:25:47 »

While we are subject and continue incorporating the EU rules to keep single market compatibility, May-Robbins weasel words 'common rules', which is the EU rule book or 'acquis communautaire' all the laws, rules and regulations that define the EU, there is no Brexit, there are no red lines as the EU can erase these as and when they wish as single market rules like insisting on the complete free movement of people, common tax rates, trading only with an adopted common currency, transparent borders for people as well as goods, payable fees for us benefitting from 'frictionless trade', ECJ supremacy and anything else they decide, and the EU are masters at extending regulation especially into new areas. >:( >:( >:(

We will become as always planned a vassal province of the EU dictatorship on even worse terms than now as we will have no representation or say on any new laws, rules or regulations. The EU 'acquis communautaire' is their army of occupation. >:( >:( >:(

There will be NO FTAs with countries outside of the EU as they will all insist on reciprocal standards which is incompatible with our EU straight jacket on goods and agricultural products. So no big gains from ROW trading, cheaper food etc. >:( >:( >:(

The May-Robbins EU pact will be to the UK the biggest sell out to foreign interests and countries this country has suffered since Traitor Heath took us into the EEC and any Europe country since the 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop was to Poland. >:( >:( >:(
[/highlight]

I could be mistake but you seem to be suggesting that Brexit isn't going to plan, Mr Rods. ::) ::) ::) :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.