Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hungary f1 quali spoiler  (Read 1395 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Hungary f1 quali spoiler
« on: 28 July 2018, 18:47:14 »

That will do!

The 25 extra bhp paddle on Vettels car doesnt do much in the wet does it!

Dry ra e may be different. I wonder how wide Bottas will be asked to make his car?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

Re: Hungary f1 quali spoiler
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2018, 18:48:51 »

Aside from the extra bhp, Ferrari also seem to be quicker off the line. Something smells.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2018, 20:21:46 »

Better elastic?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2018, 21:56:08 »

The other teams are suspicious of Ferraris sudden big leap in performance. The Ferrari International Assistance, headed by Jean Todt (former organiser of all of Ferraris industrial level of cheating) say that the car is legal.
Extra battery power and exhausts pointing at the rear wing are apparently at the centre of the suspicion.
Hamilton proved, yet again, today that he is just on a different level. Its a mystery to me why a lot of people in this country dont seem to hold him in the regard that they did former great drivers, many of whom were nowhere near as good as him (apart from the obvious reason).  :-X ::)
There were letters of complaint in Autosport this week, from people in this country, about the fact that the stewards didnt take away his win last week when he went over the grass during his aborted pit stop.
Maybe the British dont like people who are effortless winners, and prefer people who coulda shoulda woulda won, if only....etc. etc.  ?  ???
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2018, 08:41:44 »

Its a mystery to me why a lot of people in this country dont seem to hold him in the regard that they did former great drivers, many of whom were nowhere near as good as him (apart from the obvious reason).  :-X ::)
Hamilton I think has an image problem that he gained a few years back, when he came across as a spoilt little brat.  He's tried hard to overcome it, always trying to get the fans on side.

Obviously, you can't be an F1 driver without some level of extreme arrogance, which doesn't help - although again I think he's conscious of it. Damon Hill, for example, was Mr Nice Guy up against the arrogance of Schumacher, and look how that ended. However, with all the media commitments now, the Mr Nice Guy drivers are getting the backing of Joe Public, such as Ricardo.

Its clear Hamilton has bags of talent, and (rightly) takes his car to the limit, and sometimes beyond. F1 is dull at the best of best, but when Hamilton is allowed to try, and the cards are stacked against him, he can add a little something.

However, where we will disagree is that I think Schumacher was also a great driver, his 1 race for Jordan, Benneton and the early Ferrari years.

There were letters of complaint in Autosport this week, from people in this country, about the fact that the stewards didnt take away his win last week when he went over the grass during his aborted pit stop.
Maybe the British dont like people who are effortless winners, and prefer people who coulda shoulda woulda won, if only....etc. etc.  ?  ???
The British public are thick as 2 short planks. Every single day I am surprised by something highlighting the stupidity of the British public.

Additionally, the British public don't like home grown success in any area.  Remember how everyone hated the (then) massively successful Tescos about 10yrs ago, or successful buisnessmen like Alan Sugar?
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2018, 09:06:13 »

The latter is an ever present lefty view of the world designed to make the lazy and stupid feel better.

Shoot the Lady bitss and call it done.

I digress...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2018, 11:54:18 »

Budapest is a wild place when the F1 circus is in town!  :y  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 July 2018, 13:25:20 »

And Kimi was quicker than basher of steering wheel again :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 July 2018, 13:37:45 »

The other teams are suspicious of Ferraris sudden big leap in performance. The Ferrari International Assistance, headed by Jean Todt (former organiser of all of Ferraris industrial level of cheating) say that the car is legal.
Extra battery power and exhausts pointing at the rear wing are apparently at the centre of the suspicion.
Hamilton proved, yet again, today that he is just on a different level. Its a mystery to me why a lot of people in this country dont seem to hold him in the regard that they did former great drivers, many of whom were nowhere near as good as him (apart from the obvious reason).  :-X ::)

I rate Hamilton as a driver but can't be doing with his childish behaviour at times.
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2018, 14:07:40 »

Anyone who sees him as a spoilt brat cant know much about him. He grew up in a council house and his Dad held down four jobs to finance his racing. He got where he is on pure talent, and should be celebrated for his rise from very humble beginnings to one of the worlds greatest sportsmen.
I think his behaviour can be a bit irritating at times maybe, but this is probably a defence mechanism against the huge pressure of being in the position he is in.
I was always a huge Mansell fan, because he could do things with a car that few others could. Outside the car he was a grade one arsehole, but that was due to what someone who knew him described as social clumsiness and that defence shield they need to keep the world, and their rivals at a bit of a distance, for the sake of their own sanity.
I have seen a few documentaries on Hamilton, away from the track, and he comes across as a really genuine and decent bloke.
Particularly when you take into account all that happened to him at such a young age.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2018, 15:56:42 »

I feel a bit sorry for Bottas, what a fantastic job he did there.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2018, 16:37:21 »

Yep.  :y...………...if they had pitted him maybe 5 laps later, his tyres wouldn't have been destroyed at the end.
I think Vettel turned in too early btw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.