Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mind How You Go....  (Read 2936 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Mind How You Go....
« on: 03 August 2018, 09:13:27 »

.... because the bastards are out to get you!  ::)

A roofer in East London has been fined £300 by Waltham Forest Council for having a bag of rubbish in his van and he didn't have a Waste Carriers Licence.  >:( 

I didn't know that council workers had the right to search peoples vehicles?  ???  :-\  My car is like a mobile skip, so if he got fined £300 for a bag with crisp packets etc, they'd probably bang me up and throw away the key!  ;D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/02/roofer-fined-300-carrying-sandwich-wrappers-crisp-packets-van/
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Mind How You Go....
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2018, 09:27:35 »

I bet there is more to this than reported

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2018, 09:31:06 »

How is the guys lunch commercial waste? He's a roofer not a 'sandwich artist'. (You can thank Subway for that stupid job title)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2018, 11:15:24 »

I bet there is more to this than reported
Yeah. He's paying the fine without argument. And I wonder why they pulled him in the first place.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2018, 11:33:10 »

Were they council workers at a tip ? Council workers cant just stop you as you drive along the road. Anyone who steps in front of my car and isn't wearing a police uniform is going over the roof.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2018, 12:01:29 »

I had a three man team from Irish Water out at a property that I manage recently.
The team , who were private contractors for IW ,arrived and set to in finding the 16000 litres a day leak  :o which was first reported last November ....
These guys were great and worked like clockwork as a three man team.
I got a call fro a guy asking for directions to the property where the work was being done . This puzzled me and after questioning him who he was he admitted he was a H&S inspector.
I told the team and they immediately downed tools and spent the next 30 mins setting out their fencing, signs , cones ,clearing up tools that were being used etc etc...
The lead man told me that they had to achieve 95 plus on a site inspection or they were brought in front of their managers .
The ( very young )inspector arrived and although friendly on the phone whilst getting directions walked straight passed me and took phone photos of the working area before speaking with anyone .
I ignored him too and told the lead man that I was available at the house if he needed me .
At the house I watched them on the CCTV and for over an hour the inspector took the lead man off the work in hand and walked him around the work area. I add that the work area was 45 yards up a private drive behind electric gates and the road on the outside of the gates was a mile and a half single track used for this house alone so no vehicular traffic could be expected except possibly the postman.
As you can guess the impact that taking one man of a three man team off the job had was considerable and the job probably too two to three hours longer than it should have .
The driveway looked like the inside lane of the M1 being resurfaced ,keys had to be removed from the two vehicles and placed in the glovebox , handbrake on and in gear , all tools replaced into their rightfull positions in the vehicles and all to be tidy and clean, only tools allowed at work station were ones being held or used, depth of excavated hole measured to ensure it didn't exceed 4 feet ( it was two feet at deepest ) .
The outcome was that they scored 98.5 % on their test . I asked what dreadful deed had been done to result in such a low mark , to get the rolled 32 mm pipe required to repair that leak ( remember the 16 THOUSAND LITRES A DAY ) from the van they had placed the portable generator on the gravel drive right next to the van but unforgivably not put a drip tray underneath it ........
These guys were mature responsible men who worked harmoniously to achieve a safe result to a severe problem but were hindered by the requirement of H&S gone mad.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2018, 12:05:39 »

I would not have let the H&S Elf past the electric gate.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2018, 12:34:24 »

If its a workplace Im pretty sure they have the same right of entry as the Police. Unfortunately, the type of people attracted to these jobs are often jobsworths, desperate for authority due to being bullied at school, and have no regard for any consequences of their actions.
Real Health & safety - protecting people from serious damage to health, or death is very important work, but it has got a bad press these days due to the type of people mentioned above.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2018, 12:35:20 »

If its a workplace Im pretty sure they have the same right of entry as the Police. Unfortunately, the type of people attracted to these jobs are often jobsworths, desperate for authority due to being bullied at school, and have no regard for any consequences of their actions.
Real Health & safety - protecting people from serious damage to health, or death is very important work, but it has got a bad press these days due to the type of people mentioned above.
John Ha would fit the bill perfectly, then.  :y

John-Ha

• Bristol
    • Omega 2.2 CDX TDI Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2018, 13:03:36 »

Stemo

Don't you understand that what you are doing is being a troll?

Your post is off topic and solely designed to insult me so I have reported it to the moderators.

Can I suggest that you read the forum guidelines at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90684.0 which say "Members being offensive to other members will not be tolerated."

BTW - my username is "John-Ha", not the "John Ha" you use.  There's irony there as you well know  :y

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2018, 13:37:12 »

Stemo

Your post is off topic and solely designed to insult me so I have reported it to the moderators.

Can I suggest that you read the forum guidelines at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90684.0 which say "Members being offensive to other members will not be tolerated."

BTW - my username is "John-Ha", not the "John Ha" you use.  There's irony there as you well know  :y
Sorry, Jonnie-Boy.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2018, 13:49:12 »

I was victim to the H&S bods at work yesterday in a CDM area that was controlled by an outside contractor. I'm sure they were doing their level best to find fault because they wanted the job that we were doing.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 August 2018, 13:50:09 »

Stemo

Is this post for real?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? And WTF is Johnny Ha?  ???

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2018, 14:05:15 »

Stemo

Is this post for real?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? And WTF is Johnny Ha?  ???

john ha
sex
The act of willingly giving your bros a blowjob because they've had a rough week.
Hey I could really use a John ha

Well everybody to there own I suppose  :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 August 2018, 14:20:42 »

Oh dear.  I fear we are going down that road again! ::) ::) ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2018, 14:54:46 »

I don't think a young lady should have to know about such things, Lizzie. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2018, 15:10:54 »

Stemo

I don,t usually get involved in spats like this but, it all seems rather pedantic to me. Sorry if any snowflakes are upset by my comment. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2018, 15:12:33 »

Stemo

I don,t usually get involved in spats like this but, it all seems rather pedantic to me. Sorry if any snowflakes are upset by my comment. ;)
It's OK, Ronny. The admins seem to be tolerating me.  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2018, 15:27:26 »

Stemo

If I held the reins I would ban you for being a scouse agitator and politically incorrect. 8)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2018, 15:35:24 »

Stemo

Behave or you will spend a night in the OOF cells with Big Winston & a John Ha. ;D ;D ;D

Confucius say:  Climate change melt snowflake, become drip. :-[
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 August 2018, 18:18:03 »

I don't think a young lady should have to know about such things, Lizzie. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Oh yes Opti, I am a women of the world! :D :D :-* :-* :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.