Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody else celebrating....  (Read 8444 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else celebrating....
« Reply #30 on: 23 August 2018, 12:34:17 »

Also.....many of these dark foreign johnnies  are not very diverse in their thinking.

I would say that almost anything that drops out of a woman with a ballbag and a bellend will be given the name Mohammad (or similar spelling)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 August 2018, 13:21:34 »

I find the current EU tussle with demanding member countries take their fair  share of migrants fascinating. Set aside whether they are asylum seekers or economic migrants, why should a country voluntarily  dilute its culture and so on?

What miniscule amount of respect I might have had for the Catholic church went for good when I watched the harrowing account on TV of the Irish fellow whose sister was taken into a distant Catholic run workhouse when she became pregnant out of wedlock. The baby vanished - might have been sold in the USA. Meanwhile she worked 7 till 7 each day with no converstion allowed for THIRTY years .Excess babies were “buried” in he buildings cess pit. This is in our lifetime not from the dark ages.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 August 2018, 13:54:37 »

According to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/44695092

Top 20 Boys' Names
Muhammad - Muhammad is back at the top of the list for the second year running
Oliver
Noah
George
Harry
Leo
Charlie
Jack
Freddie
Alfie
Oscar
Arthur
Henry
Jacob
Archie
Joshua
Theo
Ethan
Lucas
Logan

Nobody seems to get called Steve, Dave, Andy, Kevin etc anymore....  :-\

Talking of names, I had a conversation about fancy names with a very middle class corporate type couple the other day who had a small daughter called Lydia. She said that the name had to sound right in the boardroom, so they had ruled out 'girlie' names like Poppy.  ::)

I agreed and said that a name should equip a child for any walk of life, after all Lydia might end up working on a building site and said Alwight Lyd! in my best cockney.  :)

They didn't seem very amused....  :-\   ::)   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 23 August 2018, 14:01:50 »

Just finished watching the lunchtime news, and Damian Grammaticus is a very impressive name. We had a governor at school called Adrian England, another one that made you pay attention.

aaronjb

« Reply #34 on: 23 August 2018, 14:06:57 »

Just finished watching the lunchtime news, and Damian Grammaticus is a very impressive name. We had a governor at school called Adrian England, another one that made you pay attention.

I know someone with the surname England, too; nobody ever believes it's her real surname ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 August 2018, 14:46:23 »

I find the current EU tussle with demanding member countries take their fair  share of migrants fascinating. Set aside whether they are asylum seekers or economic migrants, why should a country voluntarily  dilute its culture and so on?

What miniscule amount of respect I might have had for the Catholic church went for good when I watched the harrowing account on TV of the Irish fellow whose sister was taken into a distant Catholic run workhouse when she became pregnant out of wedlock. The baby vanished - might have been sold in the USA. Meanwhile she worked 7 till 7 each day with no converstion allowed for THIRTY years .Excess babies were “buried” in he buildings cess pit. This is in our lifetime not from the dark ages.

I've lived here 15 years now and my mother and father in law were born in this little town.
The stories that they both have recounted to me, from first hand knowledge , were harrowing to say the least.
Over the last couple of years there has much soul searching in Ireland over these events and the subjugation of the Irish people by the catholic church but I believe that the surface has just been scratched.
I recently listened to a daily "call in" radio programme in which an elderly man recounted his early life in a boys home after being forceably removed from his birth mother after she gave birth " out of wedlock " . I'm not ashamed to say that his captivating story reduced me to tears whilst sitting in my van and the way he told it in a calm , factual and accurate way made it more chilling and heartbreaking .
If you search there are a number of books written by victims of the blight , but beware they are difficult reading .In particular books relating to the Magdalene Laundries will disturb you .
A definative example of when Church and State go hand in hand .
We wonder if the pope will deign to utter any form of  apology when he drops by to rally the remaining faithful this weekend . ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 August 2018, 14:49:11 »

Perhaps if you try to look at the bigger picture it might help.

Islam is more , much more , than a religion.
It is a cradle to grave culture that demands full and absolute commitment , dictates daily life , suffocates any ability to live outside it's all encompassing control, inspires either consciously or sub consciously the destruction of any alternative or opposition policy to itself , by any means .
The conflict here is not between muslim and Christian ,it's between our modern, forward looking , free speaking ,evolving and ever searching culture and one that is entrenched in the middle ages and content in it's decree that all followers live a life according to it's philosophy alone.

Forget about bums on pews , thinks about X's on ballot papers.

Agreed :y

Just as Christianity was, and still is in parts ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 August 2018, 14:55:43 »

Exactly Varche :y
Christianity has those dark secrets and many more, including child abuse and the Roman Catholic Church not denouncing the Nazis, fascism and the murder of Jews.  All within our lifetime, which those associated with the churches should feel totally ashamed about. Muslims have nothing on Christian mis-deeds yet! :o ;)

That is why I will never be a member of any church, although my faith in God is total :)
« Last Edit: 23 August 2018, 14:58:34 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 23 August 2018, 15:15:18 »

Religion, in any flavour, is a form of mind control. It is abhorrent to me, and I can't see how any right-minded person would give it credence.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 August 2018, 15:32:28 »

Religion, in any flavour, is a form of mind control. It is abhorrent to me, and I can't see how any right-minded person would give it credence.

I've been called a Godless heathen more than once.

.....and I'm ever so nice really. :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 August 2018, 15:48:27 »

This is frightening/disturbing - I agree with you!
Was it Karl Marx who said that religion is the opium of the people? We simply do not want to believe that these three score years and ten (more, if we are lucky) are all the life we have to live - then nothing.
Ok, it's a frightening prospect, so we invent the afterlife to make ourselves feel happy.
Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy serve a similar purpose.....

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 August 2018, 16:15:57 »

yes but we have seen father Christmas and definitely had money from the tooth fairy :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 August 2018, 17:07:24 »

yes but we have seen father Christmas and definitely had money from the tooth fairy :y

Sixpence.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23 August 2018, 18:00:28 »

Has anyone else noticed how much like their Dad Father Christmas looked? ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 23 August 2018, 18:41:11 »

Has anyone else noticed how much like their Dad Father Christmas looked? ::)

Yep.  Ever since I pretended to be asleep when I was 5 years of age and he crept into my bedroom with two sacks Christmas Eve 1958!

I immediately opened one of the presents! :D ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.