Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guy Martin v Jensen Button  (Read 4118 times)

STEMO

Guy Martin v Jensen Button
« on: 26 August 2018, 18:13:40 »

Tomorrow, 9pm, Ch4. Classic F1 car race.  :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Guy Martin v Jensen Button
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2018, 18:18:50 »

If it was cage fighting who would you fancy ?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2018, 19:18:27 »

My late Grandmother would be faster than Button.

.......and Guy Martin would kick the shit out of the shandy drinking bed-wetting southerner. 

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2018, 18:34:09 »

Tonight, don't forget, retards.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2018, 18:43:04 »

Tols swmbo that for a change, Im taking over the TV at 9pm tonight.  :y
Might not get any dinner when I get home from work.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2018, 20:40:33 »

Tols swmbo that for a change, Im taking over the TV at 9pm tonight.  :y
Might not get any dinner when I get home from work.  ;D
Do you have a recorder? :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2018, 22:41:27 »

Absolutely brilliant programme. Should have made a series from it rather than one programme.  8)
Guy looked very impressive for a novice. The car he drove was a beautiful example of old style engineering as opposed to the computers on wheels they drive nowadays.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2018, 10:01:18 »

Absolutely brilliant programme. Should have made a series from it rather than one programme.  8)
Guy looked very impressive for a novice. The car he drove was a beautiful example of old style engineering as opposed to the computers on wheels they drive nowadays.

Giving away and 150 BHP to the Turbo 1.5 litre cars of the day. I remember the 6 wheel F1 cars from the seventies that never quite caught on.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2018, 10:39:14 »

Yes episode 2 should be Jenson Button going to the Isle of Man for a rematch with Guy Martin on 2 wheels.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2018, 11:50:23 »

Giving away and 150 BHP to the Turbo 1.5 litre cars of the day. I remember the 6 wheel F1 cars from the seventies that never quite caught on.

There were a few factual inaccuracies on the programme and the "giving away 150bhp" was one of them. The Cosworth DFV was around 500bhp and the 1.5 litre turbos were a lot more than 650.
It also mentioned several times that the car Button was driving never got to race because FISA banned four wheel drive before the first race.
Four wheel drive was already banned. It was six wheel cars that got banned, preventing it from ever racing.
Or that's how I remember it anyway. My short term memory is terrible but my long term memory for useless information is quite good.  ::)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2018, 12:56:45 »

the tyrell? 6 wheel car had 4 steering wheels,broke the lap record in testing and was immediately banned

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2018, 12:59:27 »

There were a few factual inaccuracies on the programme and the "giving away 150bhp" was one of them. The Cosworth DFV was around 500bhp and the 1.5 litre turbos were a lot more than 650.
It also mentioned several times that the car Button was driving never got to race because FISA banned four wheel drive before the first race.
Four wheel drive was already banned. It was six wheel cars that got banned, preventing it from ever racing.
Or that's how I remember it anyway. My short term memory is terrible but my long term memory for useless information is quite good.  ::)

Yes....I heard a figure of 1000 BHP and much more during 'qually'

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2018, 14:54:42 »

The Six wheel tyrrell P34 won the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix , it was driven by Jody Scheckter

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2018, 19:22:31 »

Yes....I heard a figure of 1000 BHP and much more during 'qually'

Ive read figures of 1500bhp in qualy trim for the BMW turbo engine. They had single lap tyres and single lap engines in those days.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2018, 19:24:00 »

The Six wheel tyrrell P34 won the 1976 Swedish Grand Prix , it was driven by Jody Scheckter

Yeah istr it was raced for a while. The Brabham fan car won its first race at a cruise, driven by Niki Lauda, and was immediately banned.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2018, 19:59:31 »

Yeah istr it was raced for a while. The Brabham fan car won its first race at a cruise, driven by Niki Lauda, and was immediately banned.

The Tyrell took part in 30 races so more than a season
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2018, 20:01:15 »

The 92 Williams only did one season with it's active sudpension
other rides 

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2018, 20:05:45 »

.......and Guy Martin would kick the shit out of the shandy drinking bed-wetting southerner.

Go watch the 2011 Canadian grand prix,after a rainy restart Button passed everyone to win and did it easily,one of the best races I've watched,Bit of damp track sorts out the can do's from the rest
other rides 

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 29 August 2018, 09:07:12 »

Go watch the 2011 Canadian grand prix,after a rainy restart Button passed everyone to win and did it easily,one of the best races I've watched,Bit of damp track sorts out the can do's from the rest

I know which I'd rather meet out of Button and Hamilton, that's for sure, and it's not the one who used to bonk Nicole Shirtslinger ;D
Still rather meet Guy Martin, though  :D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2018, 17:53:00 »

I know which I'd rather meet out of Button and Hamilton, that's for sure, and it's not the one who used to bonk Nicole Shirtslinger ;D
Still rather meet Guy Martin, though  :D

Quite easy to meet button at festival of speed as he's likely to be  on walkabout and quite approachable,Hamilton goes around with minders !
other rides 

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2018, 18:43:03 »

Seem to recall some years ago Ralf Schumacher was at the Festival of Speed and basically refused point blank to leave the hospitality suite to mix/talk to the public and is supposed to have said he'd only gone as it was written into his contract to do so,but it wasn't written that he had to do anything other than turn up.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2018, 18:48:24 »

My experience of the festival of speed was that all the F1 drivers avoided the public if possible, unless the cameras were present.
Cant say I blame them as they got mobbed as soon as they stood still.

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2018, 19:39:47 »

My experience of the festival of speed was that all the F1 drivers avoided the public if possible, unless the cameras were present.
Cant say I blame them as they got mobbed as soon as they stood still.
If I was a multi-millionaire, I'd avoid the public too.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2018, 19:45:30 »

You and me both. Im a proud misanthrope.  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 30 August 2018, 08:52:04 »

Quite easy to meet button at festival of speed as he's likely to be  on walkabout and quite approachable,Hamilton goes around with minders !

Haven't been to the FoS since .. 2010, maybe 2012? It seemed to have become so very commercial and money was the driving factor behind everything (there was even a "Wealth Management" tent in the vendors bit!).. still love the Revival, though (though we're missing this year).

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2018, 09:41:00 »

Haven't been to the FoS since .. 2010, maybe 2012? It seemed to have become so very commercial and money was the driving factor behind everything (there was even a "Wealth Management" tent in the vendors bit!).. still love the Revival, though (though we're missing this year).

Yeah, last time I went to the FoS it Pi$$ed down so much that my beloved Pentax ME Super got drowned. :'(

That should give you an idea how long ago it was... ::)

Must do the revival again some time, though. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2018, 09:46:27 »

Must do the revival again some time, though. :y

The Members Meeting is great if you don't mind paying to be on the GRRC waiting list (or are a member, of course) - it's like the Revival but without the crowds and sometimes a bit colder as it's in March (moving later next year to April). Great atmosphere, though, and not at all pretentious.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.