Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How old when 1st disgruntled?  (Read 1696 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
How old when 1st disgruntled?
« on: 01 September 2018, 15:06:26 »

I think it is fair to say that I am "disgruntled" like many other forum members.

When did you first become disgruntled and why?

For me the first time was when a class mate at school got end of year report for English which read " Quite good progress but he is getting fat". He didn't really look fat compared to modern day kids. I remember feeling quite outraged that a teacher could put something like that on a school report. Others felt the same and we had a protest which resulted in the report being changed and next term the English teacher was several days late for start of new year. He had gone orf in his campervan.

It wasn't until my thirties otherwise when I started to spot the irritating things in life. Been all downhill since then ::) ::)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: How old when 1st disgruntled?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2018, 15:09:11 »

I was born disgruntled.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2018, 15:27:20 »

I don't remember ever being gruntled. :y

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2018, 15:33:46 »

I don't remember ever being gruntled. :y
;D ;D

I'm happy as happy can be and you'll never hear me complaining.  :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2018, 15:50:04 »

Rather like Victor Meldrew doesn't?

Ron.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2018, 17:15:45 »

>:( same here  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2018, 20:35:27 »

Much like your mate STMO then.

Scousers are born with a furrowed brow. :)

It briefly disappears when they go 'on the rob' ::)
« Last Edit: 01 September 2018, 20:37:10 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2018, 23:33:20 »

However many seconds old I was when the midwife hung me upside down by the ankles and slapped me on the arse!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2018, 17:36:38 »

However many seconds old I was when the midwife hung me upside down by the ankles and slapped me on the arse!  ;D

+1, but I've mellowed with age and don't discuss politics, ::) ::) ::) allegedly. :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

More seriously, I stay a happy chappie by using these five rules:

1. If you don't like something but it is within your power to change it, don't moan about, take responsibility, change it & be happy as a result. :y
2. If you can't change something but you know who to influence to try to get them to change it. Go & talk to them, if they agree, decide who is making the changes (preferably you) & get it done, if they say no or have good reasons for not doing so, accept the result as you have tried your best, accept the situation & move on, so you stay happy. :y
3. If you can't change something, only know of people that indirectly can, contact them (like your local MP) accept things are unlikely to change, but keep on trying to do so, while accepting they probably won't & be happy. :y
4. If you can't change something, can't influence the decision makers, then air your thoughts in public & become part of a campaign to change things. I have supported several successful campaigns on change.org like the prescribing of cannabis oil for a small boy as it stops him spending most of his life in hospital & having up to 500 fits a day. Over 100,000 added their name to the petition so the new health minister has now changed the NHS rules & the child's quality of life has gone up & he is living at home. :y If you've tried your best to change something, but can't, keep trying where possible, but accept it is as it is and be happy. :y
5. Take each day at a time & enjoy that day as if its your last as one day it will be. Have the frame of mind to not let annoyances annoy you too much & be happy. :y

I'm a bit more short tempered than I used to be, mainly due the frustrations of my poor eyesight, I suffer fools much less than I used to, & walk away from situations more quickly on the basis I've got better things to do with my life. I've also found as I've got older, to accept me as me with my strengths & weakness as they are & I have found my happiness & contentment has get better with age & I can generally see a funny side to many situations which makes me laugh inside or take the pee with / of those around me. :y :y :y

On the top 10 heart attack causes, anger, stress & unhappiness are three pretty near at the top of the list, so avoid where possible. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2018, 14:35:17 »

59 years old, decided it was all going too quickly.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.