Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Checkmate of dogmatic arrogance, stupidity & no political sense  (Read 4211 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile

Office junior May's imposition of Ollie Robbins #chequers #Brexit sellout has been firmly rejected by the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier as unworkable and the only practical solution is what he and David Davis were well down the road on implementing as the only thing that works for both parties and that is a Canada plus free trade agreement. He is only interested in continuing the negotiations on this basis, even though May is trying to undermine him like she did David Davis, the Brexit department, Boris Johnston and the Foreign Office and Liam Fox, causing numerous reginations, by visiting, meeting and appealing directly with Merkel and Macron, which Macron has rejected this week. Even former BOE chief Lord King published an article yesterday on May's Brexit incompetence. :y :y :y

Office Junior May's charm offensive (an oxymoron) to the Tory party has really improved their acceptance of her Chequers deal where 23% who thought it was a good deal in July has now fallen to 16% and those that think is is bad has increased from 67 to 68%. ;D

Where Boris and Jacob have both called her out this week with Office Junior May still defending Chequers, it seems that nobody outside of her and Robbins see it as anything but a dead duck. I can't see how her position as PM is now tenable and I think unless she totally backs down after causing much damage to democracy, the Tories and the UK, there will be anything other than a leadership challenge in the next 6 weeks where she falls on her sword. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Checkmate of dogmatic arrogance, stupidity & no political sense
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2018, 12:24:47 »

As I have said before, would you do her job, and do it any better having to keep so many interested parties and the population of the UK happy?

I wouldn't do it for 1000 times her misley £150,402, in commercial terms, salary! ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2018, 12:27:53 »

As I have said before, would you do her job, and do it any better having to keep so many interested parties and the population of the UK happy?

I wouldn't do it for 1000 times her misley £150,402, in commercial terms, salary! ::) ::) ::)
£150 million? I would. Stick it out for six months and retire. To somewhere for away from Europe  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2018, 12:32:13 »

£150 million? I would. Stick it out for six months and retire. To somewhere for away from Europe  ;D

Yes, that sounds good! ;D ;D :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2018, 12:36:19 »

A few weeks ago Michael Portillo was on TV, his views . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAOeOv7AB0
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2018, 13:29:34 »

None of it bodes well. So there is a leadership challenge, who will fill the current vacuum?  I cannot see any that will get the job done.

By the way it isn't just our side of the channel. Did anyone else spot the err appointment of Martin Selmayr to be the EU top civil servant. Job wasn't advertised. You would have thought by now that this was one of the issues that drove many of us to vote leave.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2018, 18:36:19 »

Nah......the only way you'll leave sunny Barnsley is in a pine box. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2018, 18:42:59 »

He's not that posh is he?  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2018, 18:44:04 »

He's not that posh is he?  :o  ;D
Rough pine? ;)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2018, 19:12:10 »

I'm getting burned, mate, and no religious service either.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2018, 19:15:50 »

You'll still need a box unless you croak on the 5th November. :)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2018, 19:17:50 »

You can get them made of chipboard or even cardboard now.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2018, 19:37:07 »

You can get them made of chipboard or even cardboard now.
Barnsley man found burned to death in TV box having fallen asleep in it whilst holding a set of straightening tongs left switched on...

The Yorkshire Post will never be the same... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 September 2018, 22:56:15 »

Back on topic.....  ::)

The Tories arn't the only party of dogamatic arrogance, stupidity and no political sense.  ::)

The Labour Party.  :-X

Put aside all the shenanigans surrounding Corbyn and Labour at the moment and focusing on BREXIT, does anyone know what the Labour party stands for or would do if they were in government?   ???

They talk about a customs union but don't give any details, let alone their thoughts on whether the EU would agree...  :-\

Kier Starmer today has said that Labour would vote down a Canada plus type free trade agreement as it dosn't meet his 6 tests.  ::)

So what are the 6 tests that Labour demand any agreement with the EU must meet?  Here you go:-

Starmer’s six tests for the Brexit deal are:

1. Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU?

2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?

3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?

4. Does it defend rights and protections and prevent a race to the bottom?

5. Does it protect national security and our capacity to tackle cross-border crime?

6. Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK?

Impressive and ambitious, but number 2 is the banana skin.  Obviously this is just not possible as we have been told numerous times by Michel Barnier, Jean-Claude Junker, Donald Tusk, Angela Merkel, Emmanuel Macron and the deranged Guy Verhofstadt that the so called Four Freedoms are indivisible and the UK cannot cherry pick!  ::)

As to the rest I assume that:-

1. Means we will abide by all future EU rules and regs.

3. Means free movement, but only one way.  EU people could come and live here, but there would be no reciprocal arrangements for UK citizens to go and live in the EU, nor would they bother defending the rights of Brits already there!  >:(

4. See 1.  ::)

5. See 1, although I'm sure that the EU would insist that the UK automatically share all intelligence from all sources.  Labour doubtless would agree and 5 Eyes would quickly become 4 Eyes!  ;D

6. Starmer would without a doubt let Wee Krankie stick her oar in, which it seems that is one thing that the Tories have got right, in that it appears that they have shut her out!  :y

What a useless bunch of tuesdays!  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 September 2018, 22:58:44 by Sir Tigger QC »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 September 2018, 11:20:21 »

Yep agree with that .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2018, 11:45:45 »

By the way it isn't just our side of the channel. Did anyone else spot the err appointment of Martin Selmayr to be the EU top civil servant. Job wasn't advertised. You would have thought by now that this was one of the issues that drove many of us to vote leave.

This is an organisation that brought in compulsory tendering etc etc . . . . . The words "Gravytrain" and "Cronyism" spring to mind.

https://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/en/press-release/en/102716

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 September 2018, 11:56:38 »

This is an organisation that brought in compulsory tendering etc etc . . . . . The words "Gravytrain" and "Cronyism" spring to mind.

https://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/en/press-release/en/102716

Is maladmistration a polite word for corruption?  ???  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2018, 17:00:24 »

Back on topic.....  ::)

The Tories arn't the only party of dogamatic arrogance, stupidity and no political sense.  ::)

The Labour Party.  :-X

Put aside all the shenanigans surrounding Corbyn and Labour at the moment and focusing on BREXIT, does anyone know what the Labour party stands for or would do if they were in government?   ???

They talk about a customs union but don't give any details, let alone their thoughts on whether the EU would agree...  :-\

Kier Starmer today has said that Labour would vote down a Canada plus type free trade agreement as it dosn't meet his 6 tests.  ::)

So what are the 6 tests that Labour demand any agreement with the EU must meet?  Here you go:-

Starmer’s six tests for the Brexit deal are:

1. Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU?

2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?

3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?

4. Does it defend rights and protections and prevent a race to the bottom?

5. Does it protect national security and our capacity to tackle cross-border crime?

6. Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK?

Impressive and ambitious, but number 2 is the banana skin.  Obviously this is just not possible as we have been told numerous times by Michel Barnier, Jean-Claude Junker, Donald Tusk, Angela Merkel, Emmanuel Macron and the deranged Guy Verhofstadt that the so called Four Freedoms are indivisible and the UK cannot cherry pick!  ::)

As to the rest I assume that:-

1. Means we will abide by all future EU rules and regs.

3. Means free movement, but only one way.  EU people could come and live here, but there would be no reciprocal arrangements for UK citizens to go and live in the EU, nor would they bother defending the rights of Brits already there!  >:(

4. See 1.  ::)

5. See 1, although I'm sure that the EU would insist that the UK automatically share all intelligence from all sources.  Labour doubtless would agree and 5 Eyes would quickly become 4 Eyes!  ;D

6. Starmer would without a doubt let Wee Krankie stick her oar in, which it seems that is one thing that the Tories have got right, in that it appears that they have shut her out!  :y

What a useless bunch of tuesdays!  ::)  ;D

Don't worry, Sir Tig. :y

Brexit will happen.  When the dust has settled it will resemble a sort of watery porridge that nobody really likes :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2018, 21:07:03 »

Well, Ive never voted Tory in my life, so far, but I have just joined the Tory party.  ;D
I joined for one reason only. TO be able to vote against Maybot when the leadership election comes.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2018, 21:14:02 »

Gruel.

Yes I like that as a synonym for a watered down Brexit.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 September 2018, 21:28:19 »

2 different takes in the papers on the BREXIT talks and the Irish border today.  ::)

The Guardian: Barnier 'disappointed and irritated' as Raab dosn't supply trade data between GB and NI as promised. Shocker!  :o

The Telegraph: Barnier 'absolutely furious' when Raab points out that in the event of No Deal, the EU will be forced to order the Irish government to reinstate the border in Ireland. Shocker!  :o

;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 September 2018, 22:39:22 »

There already is a border there for various purposes. Its a huge red herring over a tiny amount of trade.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 September 2018, 22:48:05 »

Yep and the way the EU have structured these talks is just to try and retain control over us.  ::)

The stupid thing is that the Maybot has gone along with it!  >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2018, 22:53:49 »

Yep. She, is worse than useless.  ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 September 2018, 00:44:51 »

Like her dementia tax was stupid fool time, Chequers is x10 stupid fool time, except this time instead of facing the grey voters and losing, it will be the knock on the door from the grey cardinals in the next few weeks. :y :y :y

The gossip is that 60 Brexit MPs are backing Boris including Mogg which is well above the 43 letters required for the 1922 committee for a leadership challenge. If Boris is a last round contender then I think the majority of the grass root Tories will support him. :y

The other good news is that the socialists like Sourbry will resign their Tory party whip and drain the swamp a bit. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 September 2018, 11:03:23 »

The Guardian: Barnier 'disappointed and irritated' as Raab dosn't supply trade data between GB and NI as promised. Shocker!  :o

Why would there be any "trade data"?

It's like asking for the trade data between Barnsley and Wakefield.

It's about time the Barnier did some homework. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 08 September 2018, 12:06:33 »

Like her dementia tax was stupid fool time, Chequers is x10 stupid fool time, except this time instead of facing the grey voters and losing, it will be the knock on the door from the grey cardinals in the next few weeks. :y :y :y

The gossip is that 60 Brexit MPs are backing Boris including Mogg which is well above the 43 letters required for the 1922 committee for a leadership challenge. If Boris is a last round contender then I think the majority of the grass root Tories will support him. :y

The other good news is that the socialists like Sourbry will resign their Tory party whip and drain the swamp a bit. :y
Oh God....a choice between Boris or Corbyn for PM. I'm emigrating.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2018, 12:12:54 »

Yep and the way the EU have structured these talks is just to try and retain control over us.  ::)

The stupid thing is that the Maybot has gone along with it!  >:(

I suppose this is no real surprise. :-\

The EU has 26 countries who are part of the club which we will soon no longer be members of. It is not a priority for the EU to make life easy for us.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2018, 13:41:23 »

Plenty of space and knockdown price houses here in the land of sangria and pork. Brits are apparently leaving for the Uk in their droves. A combination of possibly losing free healthcare and their pound buying less and less.  Will you be happier if Clegg comes back.........

STEMO

« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2018, 13:42:45 »

Plenty of space and knockdown price houses here in the land of sangria and pork. Brits are apparently leaving for the Uk in their droves. A combination of possibly losing free healthcare and their pound buying less and less.  Will you be happier if Clegg comes back.........
I don't know, I really don't. Like a lot of people, I only know what I don't like.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.