Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Some rental car  (Read 5171 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Some rental car
« Reply #15 on: 10 September 2018, 17:15:13 »

Yes I've seen XJ L and it seemed to occupy about one and a half car parking spaces on length alone :D Rather put off modern Jags[XF onwards]because of their-to me-overly gimmicky interiors-pop up rotary gear selector self opening/closing air vents etc-but at least their screen things are better integrated into the fascia better than BMW,Mercedes,Ford and so on where they look like some king of chav add on!

On the other hand, at least they appear to have ditched the awful "Hyacinth Bucket" mock tudor Rover 75 look of the S type. :y
And the smell of wee from the previous XJs over the last 40yrs.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 September 2018, 17:45:05 »

Yes I've seen XJ L and it seemed to occupy about one and a half car parking spaces on length alone :D Rather put off modern Jags[XF onwards]because of their-to me-overly gimmicky interiors-pop up rotary gear selector self opening/closing air vents etc-but at least their screen things are better integrated into the fascia better than BMW,Mercedes,Ford and so on where they look like some king of chav add on!

On the other hand, at least they appear to have ditched the awful "Hyacinth Bucket" mock tudor Rover 75 look of the S type. :y
Yes, you can sometimes detect it although it's normally masked by the smell of stale cigar smoke, brandy and sheepskin jackets.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 September 2018, 18:38:40 »

Stale piss aside,the X350 is one of the best looking Jags imo :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2018, 18:55:39 »

It's a poor pastiche of the trendsetting series1 XJ6 from 30 years earlier, a sure sign of a company that had lost its nerve.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 September 2018, 19:00:10 »

It's a poor pastiche of the trendsetting series1 XJ6 from 30 years earlier, a sure sign of a company that had lost its nerve.

A very nice drive, though - in 4.2 Supercharged form, at any rate. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 10 September 2018, 19:05:11 »

Only 2 Jags I would ever like to own they are of course the most beautiful car ever made in my opinion the E type the other a 3.4 Jaguar like inspector Morse drove the modern ones do not appeal to me at all.

MKX/420G for me ..... a beautiful car & huge in its day

My first boss had one in metallic gold must have been around 1969/70 I thought it was fantastic at the time still remember the reg 205 HLR.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 September 2018, 20:05:42 »

Bloke who used to live round the corner from us when I was younger had a gold 420G and a gold Daytona 8) I always liked the MkX/420G,it was at the time the largest monocoque car made in Britain and with a slightly altered floorpan/chassis formed the basis of the Daimler 420 models.X350 style XJ is the latest Jag I'd have-although a proper series3 would be preferable :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 September 2018, 00:28:48 »

the basis of the Daimler 420 models. ....

My Dad would sometimes take me back to school after dinner in a DS 420 limo  :y :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 September 2018, 00:30:28 »

It's a poor pastiche of the trendsetting series1 XJ6 from 30 years earlier,  ......

Seeing an original Series 1 XJ makes you realise how bloated the latest XJ has become

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 September 2018, 09:42:44 »

It's a poor pastiche of the trendsetting series1 XJ6 from 30 years earlier,  ......

Seeing an original Series 1 XJ makes you realise how bloated the latest Tata has become

lol fixed :o
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2018, 10:20:03 »

Seeing an original Series 1 XJ makes you realise how bloated the latest XJ has become

All modern cars are bloated compared to their predecessors, compare a mk1 Golf to the current one which is still only an occasional 5 seater despite being much bigger and heavier. I think the current XJ  is a real looker, but Jaguar should have made a similar leap with the XJ40 TWO generations ago.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2018, 14:15:45 »

That is exactly my feelings about the modern Jags, far too bulky in styling they have lost the sleek  & purposeful look they were famous for.

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 11 September 2018, 14:28:28 »

That is exactly my feelings about the modern Jags, far too bulky in styling they have lost the sleek  & purposeful look they were famous for.

Define "modern"? ;D

Very sleek  :D ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #28 on: 11 September 2018, 16:13:21 »

Define "modern"? ;D

Very sleek  :D ;D

Anything after about 1965 that do you.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 September 2018, 16:50:29 »

A very nice drive, though - in 4.2 Supercharged form, at any rate. :y
Pretty certain the pre X351 XJs only got the 2.7 tractor lump, which is smooth, economical and powerful....   ...just not a patch on the 3.0 tractor. Something Opti has to consider when choosing a new Indian tractor.

For Mr Wood, I'm pretty certain the pre X351 didn't get the 5.0 SC lump.  That in itself makes the X351 worthy of consideration...
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.