Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F35B  (Read 2246 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: F35B
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2018, 20:36:30 »

First night landings.& takeoffs.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35-conducts-first-night-sorties-on-hms-queen-elizabeth/

HMS Hermes & HMS Invincible were both lightly armed and the Argentinian Exocet carrying Entendards could not get near enough to the carriers to be within Exocet range. The F35Bs have a much bigger range and capability than the Sea Harriers that shot down 21 Argentinean aircraft. In the Falklands war Type 42 Destroyers with Sea Dart were poor air defence ships where as the current Type 46 Destroyers which are ideal for fleet defence (we just need to build 2 more the number originally planned) is currently rated as the best air defence destroyer (better than US AEGIS destroyers) in the world. Large silo based ship missile systems (Seacepter has recently entered service) with modern radars have transformed their air defensive capabilities. :y
Israeli F35s are currently operating with impunity over Tehran even though Iran has Russian S300/400 high altitude long range SAA missiles. In comparison the best that 4th generation aircraft can do in A2AD contested airspace is launch standoff weapons, use the latest multiple decoy systems, EW and hope. Another thing that is rarely discussed with single seat combat aircraft is pilot workload where on 4th and older generation combat that can become overwhelming in highly contested, multiple threat, airspace whereas the F35 with its most advanced avionics and sensor suite is a complete game changer. It is always worth reading what pilots think of the aircraft and they really like it and each major software revision is making it better and better. :y The US also have much faster, more often, upgrade paths compared to the UK which we should also benefit from. :y

Highly unlikely. Jerusalem to Tehran is almost 1000 miles, which is similar to the range of the F-35I's the Isralies have. To get there and back they would either have to land (In Iraq?) or AAR en route. Tankers aren't stealth, and unlikely the Syrians would allow over-flights of either F-35I's (which they would struggle to stop) or KC-707's (which they would have no problem stopping).

There are reports of F-35I ops over Syria/Damascus (which is basically next door) Is that what you mean?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: F35B
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2018, 21:05:49 »

First night landings.& takeoffs.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35-conducts-first-night-sorties-on-hms-queen-elizabeth/

HMS Hermes & HMS Invincible were both lightly armed and the Argentinian Exocet carrying Entendards could not get near enough to the carriers to be within Exocet range. The F35Bs have a much bigger range and capability than the Sea Harriers that shot down 21 Argentinean aircraft. In the Falklands war Type 42 Destroyers with Sea Dart were poor air defence ships where as the current Type 46 Destroyers which are ideal for fleet defence (we just need to build 2 more the number originally planned) is currently rated as the best air defence destroyer (better than US AEGIS destroyers) in the world. Large silo based ship missile systems (Seacepter has recently entered service) with modern radars have transformed their air defensive capabilities. :y
Israeli F35s are currently operating with impunity over Tehran even though Iran has Russian S300/400 high altitude long range SAA missiles. In comparison the best that 4th generation aircraft can do in A2AD contested airspace is launch standoff weapons, use the latest multiple decoy systems, EW and hope. Another thing that is rarely discussed with single seat combat aircraft is pilot workload where on 4th and older generation combat that can become overwhelming in highly contested, multiple threat, airspace whereas the F35 with its most advanced avionics and sensor suite is a complete game changer. It is always worth reading what pilots think of the aircraft and they really like it and each major software revision is making it better and better. :y The US also have much faster, more often, upgrade paths compared to the UK which we should also benefit from. :y

Highly unlikely. Jerusalem to Tehran is almost 1000 miles, which is similar to the range of the F-35I's the Isralies have. To get there and back they would either have to land (In Iraq?) or AAR en route. Tankers aren't stealth, and unlikely the Syrians would allow over-flights of either F-35I's (which they would struggle to stop) or KC-707's (which they would have no problem stopping).

There are reports of F-35I ops over Syria/Damascus (which is basically next door) Is that what you mean?

My bad, I should have double checked the story as it looks like Israeli disinformation. :-[ :-[ :-[

https://theaviationist.com/2018/03/29/heres-why-the-claim-that-two-israeli-f-35-stealth-jets-entered-iranian-airspace-does-not-make-any-sense/
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.