Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

No heating/ tepid

(1/6) > >>

noknowledgemike:
Hi
I have searched through the topics and have found lots of help, but I need a bit more if possible.

I have very tepid heating. I have changed the HBV. I have flushed out the heater matrix. Both pipes running into the matrix are now hot but no heat.
I ask, the 2 pipes that run into the heater matrix, can you tell me their routing, where they go to?
The 3 pipes that go into the HBV, where do they go to?
Is it likely the heater matrix is defective? is this the last place to check or change.
I ask pipework routing just in case I put them on the wrong connectors.
The 2 pipes that go into the matrix, what is the item they go into after the matrix.
I cannot find a heater pipe layout plan
Many thanks
Mick

Nick W:
If you have hot water going to the matrix but no heat from it, then it's blocked. Flushing it can help, but won't solve the problem.
I had to do mine each winter, yet it took over 30minutes to get warm. When I fitted a new matrix, the heater got hot in about 1.5miles.
Curiosity made me remove the end cap off the old matrix, and 3/4 of the tubes were so tightly packed with silt that I couldn't poke lock wire down them.
A new matrix costs less than £20, and even though it's horrible job to change following the OOF guide I would do that rather than waste time flushing another.

The two heater pipes than run through the bulkhead after the HBV go directly to and from the matrix; there is nothing else in the circuit.

Chazza12:
If you have a few day you not using car empty the water out of the heater and put a full bottle of Coca-Cola in there with 6 caps of string vinegar and leave it in there a few days . And the flush it out a good few times forward and backwards out in to a pan and filter it out to see if it worked at removing the build up.  Did it on a old rad and left it for a week and was completely cleans out  it had been sat in none moving vehicle for 15 years.  Don’t worry about it fizzing it’s jut bubbles inside the coke and vinegar. See if it works for you did not harm the rad I did it on.

robson:
you mean strong vinegar?

robson:
what size bottle of coke Pepsi or coka.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version