Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you already bought the last car you will ever own?  (Read 6182 times)

STEMO

Re: Have you already bought the last car you will ever own?
« Reply #45 on: 15 October 2018, 13:08:55 »

BTW...if it was just one camera showing 50, for no apparent reason, fines won't be issued. There was one at Meadowhell that seemed to be permanently stuck on 40. After a while, when we all got used to it, we took no notice of it flashing away.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 October 2018, 13:10:57 »

I've just thrashed the bollix off mine on an empty(ish) M1. Razzed through the speed camera gantries at over 90, past all the people who think they're on when they're off, if you get my meaning. An autonomous car wouldn't have let me, miserable bastard things  ;D

Came up the M1 on Saturday night and one gantry switched to 50mph; one of the gantries with the "new" style cameras on the left hand side of the gantry. Flash. Flash Flash. Flash Flash Flash it went.

Later on, once we were clear of the roadworks, an ambulance blew past me like I was stood still (and I was doing *cough* 70, officer) past a similar set of cameras but with no limits shown. No flash.

So .. I imagine you'll be perfectly safe and not up in front of the beak.

For that, anyway.
Yes, I know. I'm up and down the M1 every week. Me, and lots of others, blat along at about 85 through the gantries. No doubt, one day, they'll catch the lot of us, but until then........ ::)

I can't condone speeding. It's illegal. :)

STEMO

« Reply #47 on: 15 October 2018, 13:13:42 »

I've just thrashed the bollix off mine on an empty(ish) M1. Razzed through the speed camera gantries at over 90, past all the people who think they're on when they're off, if you get my meaning. An autonomous car wouldn't have let me, miserable bastard things  ;D

Came up the M1 on Saturday night and one gantry switched to 50mph; one of the gantries with the "new" style cameras on the left hand side of the gantry. Flash. Flash Flash. Flash Flash Flash it went.

Later on, once we were clear of the roadworks, an ambulance blew past me like I was stood still (and I was doing *cough* 70, officer) past a similar set of cameras but with no limits shown. No flash.

For that, anyway.
Yes, I know. I'm up and down the M1 every week. Me, and lots of others, blat along at about 85 through the gantries. No doubt, one day, they'll catch the lot of us, but until then........ ::)

Who told you that? It's not true. To prove it.....next time you take your tata on to a motorway, open it up a bit. Say, 100mph for a few miles. Bet you don't get a fine.
Try it and let me know.  :)

aaronjb

« Reply #48 on: 15 October 2018, 13:21:34 »

BTW...if it was just one camera showing 50, for no apparent reason, fines won't be issued. There was one at Meadowhell that seemed to be permanently stuck on 40. After a while, when we all got used to it, we took no notice of it flashing away.

There was a reason in this case - temporary roadworks were being erected, so there was a 50 followed by a 40 on the next gantry (only the 50 had a camera) and brave (or stupid) workers (being forced to) milling about in the road

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 October 2018, 13:23:20 »

For that, anyway.

Who told you that? It's not true. To prove it.....next time you take your tata on to a motorway, open it up a bit. Say, 100mph for a few miles. Bet you don't get a fine.
Try it and let me know.  :)

It's amazing how easy it is for the Tata to slip past 120 or 130. If this were to happen on the public highway rather than the private road I use I could easily face a ban. :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 October 2018, 13:31:47 »

Would this private road have an "M" in front of it, Doctor? :-X

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 October 2018, 13:36:09 »

Ron.

You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15 October 2018, 14:06:58 »

Ron.
M stands for Mine :D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.