Chat Area > General Discussion Area

White Goods Thread!!

(1/9) > >>

Sir Tigger KC:
Out of the blue this evening my electrics tripped out!  :o  Which is a PITA as the consumer unit is in the garage and there is no connecting door so I had to go out to it.  ::)  Anyhow after a lot of toing and froing, I traced the fault to the kitchen and utility room socket circuit and from there to the fridge freezer.  :) 

I pulled the fridge freezer plug and it felt warm and smelt of burnt plastic, however the fuse hasn't blown and so I put a new plug on and all seems well.  :-\  In the original plug the fuse contacts and the metal ends of the fuse are black and there is melted plastic in the recess where the fuse sits.  :-\ 

I'm now wondering whether to go and buy a new F/F for peace of mind tomorrow given I'm away a fair bit or take the old "That'll be alright!" attitude....  :-\

Sir Tigger KC:
BTW you gotta love a White Goods Thread!  :y  ;D

Rods2:
Were any of the connections loose in the plug as that can cause overheating & burning? Some plugs are also better than others which is why if I'm fitting one I always use MK as they will stay cool when working up to their stated maximum current and the plug body is made of flame proof material rather than plastic. :y

Doctor Gollum:
Our tumble drier occasionally does the same...

We have a redundant 30amp feed in the bathroom for a long departed electric shower. Keep meaning to drop it into the garage...

Might encourage me to learn to weld...  🤔

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: Rods2 on 19 October 2018, 00:25:00 ---Were any of the connections loose in the plug as that can cause overheating & burning? Some plugs are also better than others which is why if I'm fitting one I always use MK as they will stay cool when working up to their stated maximum current and the plug body is made of flame proof material rather than plastic. :y

--- End quote ---

Don't know Rods, it's one of those sealed up jobbies.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version