Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Bluetooth ?  (Read 6831 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Which Bluetooth ?
« on: 22 October 2018, 12:11:22 »

I have recently got myself an iPhone and even intend to try and work out how to use it.
Im now thinking about handsfree use in the car so have been looking at Parrot kits for sale on ebay. If I get one I presume I have to then get a dedicated lead to connect it to the car ?
If so, what lead, and where does it connect ?
Is it worth looking at other possibilities apart from Parrot. Apple carplay for example.
Tia.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

Re: Which Bluetooth ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2018, 12:25:37 »

Errr...no. The only feed the parrot will need is birdseed. Sorry, 12V.  ;D Usually from a cig lighter socket, via a usb attachment. The type you can buy in most garage shops, except you're a bit of a garage dodger.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2018, 13:09:56 »

Unless your car is modern enough to connect to your phone directly, it reall is a compromise, Albs. Some might say not worth the effort.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2018, 13:14:40 »

Got a Parrott CK3100 fitted in my Elite and has worked fine .Unsure how it was wired in but invoice shows a Autolead part number and remember the guy saying it had been picked up at the Nokia hardwired part of the cars own wiring under the glovebox.

Microphone fitted by interior mirror and little display just under main headlight switch.

When used it auto disconnects the audio part from the radio/cd player and sound comes through car speakers .

All worked fine...…...although have a slight issue with internal of NCDC since getting nav back working so need the skills of TB to sort it out

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2018, 13:17:13 »

Im glad to see that STEMO knows a lot less about this than I DO. I feel slightly less old and past it now.  ;D
Amba, thanks for the info. :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2018, 13:23:19 »

Albs...I rate it as it works fine and if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel driving and need to be incontact with work etc,I think its a good hands free system :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2018, 13:29:13 »

I believe this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-NOKIA-CK-7W-BLUETOOTH-ADVANCED-HANDSFREE-CAR-KIT-CK-7W-CK-7W-/173574440568
is a plug and play system that connects straight to the factory wiring behind the glovebox and uses the microphone above the mirror  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2018, 15:20:42 »

Im glad to see that STEMO knows a lot less about this than I DO. I feel slightly less old and past it now.  ;D
Amba, thanks for the info. :y
I don't know a lot less, Albs, I just know that unless it is plumbed into the wiring, it's shite. You asked which lead you needed to connect it, not how it's wired in 'behind the glovebox' on ancient cars.
WTF is going to ring you anyway?  ;D And, even if they do, you'll just get fed up and switch it off.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2018, 17:33:55 »

I believe this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-NOKIA-CK-7W-BLUETOOTH-ADVANCED-HANDSFREE-CAR-KIT-CK-7W-CK-7W-/173574440568
is a plug and play system that connects straight to the factory wiring behind the glovebox and uses the microphone above the mirror  :y
The built in mic is too quiet really.  Using a Nokia mic in the same sort of area is much much better.

The CK-7W is what I used in my Omegas without issue on iPhones (the CK-7W lacks echo cancellation, so useless on handsets that lack cancellation, which is less of an issue with current handsets).
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2018, 19:22:25 »

I have got no idea what your talking about.  Wtf is a CK-7W ?  :D ;D
There is already a mic from an old phone setup in the car, but I don't suppose that will be of any use to a modern setup.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2018, 19:24:22 »

It's a dedicated Nokia bluetooth kit that has been tried and tested in several Omegas... Being a later car, yours has the prewiring behind the glovebox  :y

Item itself in my link above :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2018, 19:28:45 »

But, of course, when that urgent, life-changing phone call comes, you'll be in your mobile chippy.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2018, 20:11:16 »

It's a dedicated Nokia bluetooth kit that has been tried and tested in several Omegas... Being a later car, yours has the prewiring behind the glovebox  :y

Item itself in my link above :y

Ok cheers.Will take a look at it.  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2018, 20:12:17 »

But, of course, when that urgent, life-changing phone call comes, you'll be in your mobile chippy.  ;D

Much easier to install bluetooth in that as it has a DAB radio which just needs a plug in adapter.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.