Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cursa cutting out all the time?  (Read 1072 times)

omegaowners

• audi
    • View Profile
Cursa cutting out all the time?
« on: 21 November 2018, 21:57:14 »

Thought I'd post this here in case anyone is having similar problem. A close friend was having a lot of problems with their Cursa (!) where it seemed to be cutting out at the most inconvenient times. There didn't seem any rhythm or reason why (apart from being a Corsa!) it was also eating batteries. It didn't help that the car was only being used on very short journeys with all the fans and heated windows on (can you guess gender of driver yet?). Initially I thought this was why, couldn't figure out why it would cut out and restart though, this seemed like a separate issue from a basic flat battery. The car was eventually left with our local friendly car sparky for a good couple of weeks on and off. He eventually said that the problem seemed to be that the boot light was constantly on and draining the battery.

Now I do trust this guy he is a very good car sparky, and have known him for years but as I said didn't understand how it could cut out and restart if this light was flattening the battery. Maybe power was dropping too low for electronics, causing ECU to flake, and stopping for a minute gave it enough juice to restart. Not really sure. However if you have or know someone who does then might be worth checking the boot light is not permanently on.

It's an 09 plate model. Think it's 1.2 or something with 3 pot block.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Cursa cutting out all the time?
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2018, 17:37:32 »

I suspect the stalling issue will return, as I'd be checking/cleaning throttle body and looking at the crank sensor...
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Cursa cutting out all the time?
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2018, 20:17:21 »

1.2 will be 4 pot, 1.0 will be 3 pot.

Assuming your Sparks knows he's stuff, I assume He would have checked for loose Connections, Shorts around the Battery Feed, ECU etc.

When it cuts out, does it start again, any EML or Fault Codes, live or stored?. Has the Car been stood for a while with a Flat Battery?

Is it it Dual Fuel (Factory Fit LPG) per chance?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.