Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Poll

On March 29th 2019, the UK leaves the EU. In light of this point, is it better either to proceed in the manner of this deal, ie as a difficult compromise; or to instead to risk political chaos and the undoubtable economic carnage that this will bring?[

Accept deal of compromise as tabled.
- 5 (27.8%)
Face the consequences of unprecedented political turmoil and the predictable economic fallout resulting from the rejection of the deal.
- 12 (66.7%)
Accept deal of compromise with an amendment to the Baskstop provision.
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: 12 December 2018, 17:17:52

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit Deal acceptance.  (Read 8437 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit Deal acceptance.
« Reply #30 on: 15 December 2018, 12:41:13 »

Or...we could just put a border up and say "f*uck you".
When I joined this forum I read the Guidelines which say "Excessive use of bad language of any description will not be tolerated, neither will the use of certain words (masked or otherwise) which we hope should be plain and obvious to anyone who can read these guidelines and be intelligent enough to work out what kind of behavior is and isn't allowed."

You are obviously not intelligent enough to understand.

You offensive oaf.

Give yourself more time to acclimatize yourself on this forum and then start to comment in such a way.

We all basically know each other here and how to wind each other up, and what words to use in each post.  Give it more time than just 7 posts and then you will understand the level of banter and type there is, and when to let rip!! :D :D ;)

STEMO is a great character on here and is no offensive oaf..........well not most of the time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 15 December 2018, 12:43:01 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 December 2018, 12:51:18 »

When I joined this forum I read the Guidelines which say "Excessive use of bad language of any description will not be tolerated, neither will the use of certain words (masked or otherwise) which we hope should be plain and obvious to anyone who can read these guidelines and be intelligent enough to work out what kind of behavior is and isn't allowed."

You offensive oaf.

Give yourself more time to acclimatize yourself on this forum and then start to comment in such a way.

We all basically know each other here and how to wind each other up, and what words to use in each post.  Give it more time than just 7 posts and then you will understand the level of banter and type there is, and when to let rip!! :D :D ;)

STEMO is a great character on here and is no offensive oaf..........well not most of the time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wouldn't go that far, Lizzie. ::) ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

But to be fair to the old boy, if I lived in Barnsleywakefield and only had a fiea-ridden whippet for company I'd be pissed off as well.  :)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 December 2018, 14:05:26 »

You offensive oaf.

I wouldn't go that far, Lizzie. ::) ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

But to be fair to the old boy, if I lived in Barnsleywakefield and only had a fiea-ridden whippet for company I'd be pissed off as well.  :)

Some say he never returned his Invacar  8) to the NHS, how the hell he drives that thing with the dog on his lap is beyond me  :o

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 December 2018, 14:12:30 »

1.  The UK has signed an international treaty (The Good Friday agreement) with Ireland which states there will never be a hard border between NI and Eire.  There is no end date to the agreement.  The UK is in the agreement in perpetuity and cannot withdraw unilaterally.  The UK can only get out of the agreement with Ireland's (and the people of NI's) agreement. 

There is no such provision in the Good Friday Agreement (written or implied) that prohibits a 'hard' border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, neither is there any provision mandating or encouraging a 'soft' or invisible border.  In fact there is nothing specific in the GFA about the border between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. 

It's arguable however that to erect checkpoints at the border whether by the British Government or the Republic of Ireland Government would contravene the spirit of the GFA.  That's all.

3.  The EU says "Tell us what you are going to do about the border to ensure there is no hard border.  It isn't our problem, it is your problem because you have chosen to leave.  If you don't leave, there is no problem".

This is where things have got a bit muddy, as it's true that by leaving the European Union, the United Kingdom has created a problem. However strictly speaking it is not the UK's problem but a problem for the Government of the Republic of Ireland and the European Union in how to interpret and enforce their laws on their side of the border.  Once the United Kingdom has left the European Union, EU law will not apply and it shouldn't be for the UK to work out how EU law can be enforced in an EU state.

I was listening to Any Questions on Radio 4 last night and they were talking about the border and the backstop.  Dimbleby asked Hillary Benn who will erect the border posts?, given that the EU, RoI, and the UK have said that they will not.  Predictably Benn answered with a lot of waffle along the lines of The EU says this.... The EU says that.... EU law.... blah blah blah , but he didn't actually answer the question and I thought that it seems that many of these politicians and commentators are in thrall to the EU and while it's clear that they are not in favour of BREXIT, it's also clear to me that they don't seem to 'get' that we will no longer be subject to to laws, rules and regulations of the European Union.  Stockholm syndrome springs to mind.  ::)

4.  Consider animals.  EU law states that any animal crossing an EU border must be inspected unless it comes from somewhere which applies the EU laws relating to animals. So animals can cross the France-Belgium border freely.

5.  Some NI farms straddle the border and animals roam freely across the border.

There are already veterinary checks between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and it would be sensible to maintain these, but as said earlier applying the whole body of EU law to Northern Ireland does contravene the GFA as it alters the status of Northern Ireland without the consent of the people of Northern Ireland. 

The whole issue of the border on the island of Ireland has been inflated by the EU into this huge insolvable problem that can only be solved by the effective annexation of Northern Ireland from the UK. In my opinion the British government have been complicit in this deception to make it seem that leaving the European Union is too hard and to have another referendum.  It seems likely to me that they will succeed.  :(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 December 2018, 14:28:54 »

1.  The UK has signed an international treaty (The Good Friday agreement) with Ireland which states there will never be a hard border between NI and Eire.  There is no end date to the agreement.  The UK is in the agreement in perpetuity and cannot withdraw unilaterally.  The UK can only get out of the agreement with Ireland's (and the people of NI's) agreement. 

There is no such provision in the Good Friday Agreement (written or implied) that prohibits a 'hard' border between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, neither is there any provision mandating or encouraging a 'soft' or invisible border.  In fact there is nothing specific in the GFA about the border between the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. 

It's arguable however that to erect checkpoints at the border whether by the British Government or the Republic of Ireland Government would contravene the spirit of the GFA.  That's all.

3.  The EU says "Tell us what you are going to do about the border to ensure there is no hard border.  It isn't our problem, it is your problem because you have chosen to leave.  If you don't leave, there is no problem".

This is where things have got a bit muddy, as it's true that by leaving the European Union, the United Kingdom has created a problem. However strictly speaking it is not the UK's problem but a problem for the Government of the Republic of Ireland and the European Union in how to interpret and enforce their laws on their side of the border.  Once the United Kingdom has left the European Union, EU law will not apply and it shouldn't be for the UK to work out how EU law can be enforced in an EU state.

I was listening to Any Questions on Radio 4 last night and they were talking about the border and the backstop. Dimbleby asked Hillary Benn who will erect the border posts?, given that the EU, RoI, and the UK have said that they will not.  Predictably Benn answered with a lot of waffle along the lines of The EU says this.... The EU says that.... EU law.... blah blah blah , but he didn't actually answer the question and I thought that it seems that many of these politicians and commentators are in thrall to the EU and while it's clear that they are not in favour of BREXIT, it's also clear to me that they don't seem to 'get' that we will no longer be subject to to laws, rules and regulations of the European Union.  Stockholm syndrome springs to mind.  ::)

4.  Consider animals.  EU law states that any animal crossing an EU border must be inspected unless it comes from somewhere which applies the EU laws relating to animals. So animals can cross the France-Belgium border freely.

5.  Some NI farms straddle the border and animals roam freely across the border.

There are already veterinary checks between Great Britain and Northern Ireland and it would be sensible to maintain these, but as said earlier applying the whole body of EU law to Northern Ireland does contravene the GFA as it alters the status of Northern Ireland without the consent of the people of Northern Ireland. 

The whole issue of the border on the island of Ireland has been inflated by the EU into this huge insolvable problem that can only be solved by the effective annexation of Northern Ireland from the UK. In my opinion the British government have been complicit in this deception to make it seem that leaving the European Union is too hard and to have another referendum.  It seems likely to me that they will succeed.  :(

Good thing too, when my uncle was out there with HM forces in the eighties they received a couple of 50 cal rounds, fired from the south; thru their elevated OP  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 15 December 2018, 16:56:15 »

You offensive oaf.
Are you Irish? It would explain a lot.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #36 on: 15 December 2018, 16:58:28 »

And thank you for all the kind  ;D comments, you bastards. Oops, there I go again.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 15 December 2018, 17:07:35 »

And thank you for all the kind  ;D comments, you bastards. Oops, there I go again.

Mr Bastard sounds more respectful.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 December 2018, 17:09:04 »

Mr Bastard sounds more respectful.

;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Darius

• Omega 2.2 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 December 2018, 14:44:08 »

No. 

I think the explanation is probably that I am a lot more intelligent, better educated and and better informed than you.

I don't need to be offensive like you do in so many of your posts.  It's long past the time the moderators should have banned you.

Also, I can read and understand the forum guidelines which seems to be quite beyond your capabilities.

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 16 December 2018, 14:50:31 »

John Ha has moved to the midlands. He may be heading this way  :o

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 December 2018, 17:03:21 »

No. 

I think the explanation is probably that I am a lot more intelligent, better educated and and better informed than you.

I don't need to be offensive like you do in so many of your posts.  It's long past the time the moderators should have banned you.

Also, I can read and understand the forum guidelines which seems to be quite beyond your capabilities.

Well that statement and attitude will certainly go down a treat here ! ::) ::) ::)

You have been on here 5 minutes and you already slinging out insults :o :o
« Last Edit: 16 December 2018, 17:06:19 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 December 2018, 17:04:01 »

Yep  ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 16 December 2018, 17:18:27 »

Yep  ;D ;D
It's funny that the self-proclaimed 'intelligent' people always post the biggest load of shite. As for better educated.....I doubt it. And, as for better informed, we'll, you would think they would have the knowledge to avoid driving around in an ancient soot chucker with a coat hanger sticking out of the roof. A bit like a 70's remote controlled car.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 December 2018, 17:22:03 »

Darius is also a comedian.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.